Chapter 11

And so another chapter has made its appearance to continue this story's plot.
____________________________________

      Hau seemed to be in a much better condition by morning. (Y/n) hadn't gotten any sleep but she was used to it so it didn't bother her much. Researching took up a lot of time that she often had to borrow from her sleep schedule. She enjoyed her work and her pokémon were always fun to hang around so it was less like work to her.

        As (y/n) got up and looked out of the broken window, she noticed just how much déjà vu she got from just seeing everything. The place seemed familiar but (y/n) couldn't quite recall where exactly this place was.

         "(Y/n)?" Hau said from in the corner where he was now awake. She looked over at him finding that Rei was still asleep. "Are you leaving?" he asked, tears becoming visible at the edges of his eyes.

        "No, no of course not. I was just looking outside. I wasn't going to leave," (y/n) said as she shook her head.

       Hau was immediately relieved by her words and then noticed that Rei was still asleep with his head still in Hau's lap. Hau began to stroke Rei's fur just as he had the other day and Rei woke up. Hau immediately pulled his hand away but all Rei did was stand up and yawn.

        "Good to see you awake Rei. You wouldn't happen to recognize this area would you?" (y/n) said as she pet Rei who had walked up to her. She hadn't expected an answer from him but to her surprise, she sure did get one.

        "Not exactly. I smell danger though. Can't stay here." Rei didn't say a word and yet (y/n) heard the unfamiliar voice that must have been his. She'd figured out with Hau that she could for some reason hear his thoughts and now she could hear Rei's thoughts which was more fascinating to her than strange.

       "Rei, I can hear you thoughts!" (y/n) said happily. It was a scientific miracle or maybe there was some sort of cause behind it. (Y/n) remembered being in ultraspace without Lunala but gaining psychic ability wasn't among the things that Neroza told her could happen.

       "Danger," Rei thought. It was clear that they had to move and quickly. Whatever Rei sensed wasn't going to be nice to them.

       "Hey, Hau, do you think you could stand on your own. Rei doesn't think it's safe to stay here for too much longer," (y/n) said to Hau who was still watching her and Rei's every move. He may have trusted her a little but it wasn't enough for him just yet.

        "I think so," Hau said as he tried to get up from the corner that he was in. He winced as he stood but otherwise could stand on his own.

       "Do you know anywhere safe to go?" (y/n) asked him. He shook his head at her. He was still just as cautious as usual.

        "Those things are everywhere. Pokémon is what they're called. Nowhere is really safe unless you control them like Moon does. Gladion could control them sort of like you can. He was different from Moon," Hau said.

         "Wait, did you say Gladion? There's a Gladion here too? Can you take me to him. He might be able to help," (y/n) said. Hau's entire demeanor went from calm to depressed.

        "He isn't here anymore. Neither is Lillie but she was taken by Moon. I heard rumors that she might still be alive but I wouldn't know. I just...I wish things weren't so bad now," Hau said as his eyes began to tear up. (Y/n) panicked, realizing that Hau was about to cry.

        "I didn't mean to make you sad, I'm so sorry," (y/n) blurted out, not really knowing what to say. Seeing Alola's cinnamon roll cry was not something she was used to nor did she ever want to get used to it.

      "It's okay. I need to tell someone and since you aren't trying to attack me, I'll tell you. You don't mind do you?" Hau said.

        "Danger," Rei thought as he looked up at her but (y/n) couldn't just turn down Hau's request. They probably still had time.

        "Of course you can," she said with a nod to which Rei just huffed and sat down. Hau gave small nod before starting his explanation.

       "It wasn't always this bad. Pokémon still roamed freely and still attacked us humans but things really got bad when Miss Lusamine disappeared. She ran the safe haven that I used to live in called Aether Paradise. I grew up there with Lillie and Gladion and Moon."

        "Moon used to be the greatest but then one day, she had a talk with Gladion and she just suddenly changed. This was after Miss Lusamine went missing."

       "Moon began to take the place over and the only reason that Lillie and I escaped was because Gladion got us out of there. He and his pokémon, he named it Silvally for some reason. He said it just seemed right."

        "He was able to control Silvally like you do with Rei. Silvally protected us from all of the other pokémon out there. We traveled around Alola in search of a safe place but one day, a pokémon appeared from a hole in the sky."

       "Moon had already taken control of the space puff pokémon at Aether that supplied the place with power so she immediately sought out the pokémon that appeared. Gladion wanted to stop her since he figured that this pokémon was bad news. The pokémon attacked us when we got there. It had already been put under Moon's mind control."

      "I don't even clearly remember everything that happened but when everything was all over, Lillie had been captured, Gladion had disappeared, and I was alone. I ran. I didn't know what else to do and things have been getting worse from there on out."

        "Moon has been hunting down certain pokémon for some reason and anyone that doesn't conform to her will, she captures or disposes of. All of that was just four years ago," Hau said.

       (Y/n) was silent. Not only had Hau been through something so terrible but all of it happened four years ago around the time that Gladion left in her world. Whether or not it had anything to do with what happened here didn't matter though because Rei suddenly interrupted her thoughts.

        "See. I warned you. Now we're in trouble," Rei's voice said in her head. (Y/n) looked out of the window to find too many Rockruff to count and several dawn form Lycanrocs. There was only one Midnight form though and it was looking her right in the eye.

        (Y/n) hoped Hau didn't follow her gaze but it was too late. He'd already seen them all and his calmness disappeared. The moment (y/n) looked back at the wild Lycanroc, it gave a bone chilling howl that alerted all of those around it.
____________________________________

It's been a while since I've published a chapter. Sorry bout that. I did say it would be random though. Until next time you fantastic readers!