Chapter 22

Look who has another chapter for you guys! This book will be ending soon so I'm just giving you guys a heads up before I just hit you with the last chapter. When I mean soon, I mean like the next chapter.
____________________________________

       It was already hard to remember everyone but she hadn't really been making much progress at all. It wasn't that she wasn't trying, it was just that her thoughts refuaed to help her remember her past. Everyone was familiar enough to her but they always had something strange about them.

           Hau, for example, claimed that he had never had a midnight form Lycanroc by the name of Crimson and he had denied ever being the leader of Team Eclipse but (y/n) was almost certain that she had remembered those things about him.

        Not only that but she could have sworn that the Hau she remembered hated it when she read his mind but this Hau urged her to. Then there was Sun. (Y/n) had been absolutely positive that she'd only seen him in a photo and he was supposed to be in someone else's life rather than Lillie's.

        It wasn't that Lillie was a bad person or anything but (y/n) could remember anything about the girl or her brother. That was the worst part though because her brother was the one who had tried the most to get her to remember everyone and everything.

        He'd told her countless things about herself, shown her plenty of photos, and had even proved to her that she was truly in the right place by showing her videos that she must have made herself. Even after two months of trying, (y/n) could not remember anything.

         Lunala and Neroza had even tried to recover her memories but they couldn't because apparently the Cosmoem that she was fused with was keeping them from doing so. It was likely the source of her power too. Her own pokémon had even failed to soark her memories although Rei and the three Rockruff did seem familiar to her.

        "(Y/n)? Are you awake?" someone called from outside her door. It was a recurring thing for someine to come to her door so she was used to it.

        "Yeah, I can't really get any sleep. Maybe it's because I've spent so much time unable to wake up," (y/n) replied. She couldn't quite recognize the voice outside her door.

           "Can I come in?" the person asked. Instead of replying, (y/n) sat up from her bed and went to the door and opened it to find Wicke standing there with a look of worry.

         "Did you stil want to go meet up with Hau today? It would be best to try to regain any of your memories," Wicke said.

       "Uh, yeah. I don't see why not," (y/n) said with a shrug. There wasn't really much else that she felt luke doing ao she didn't see a reason to decline.

        "Good. I'll let him know that your on the way," Wicke said with a smile. She was one of the only peoole (y/n) didn't have to worry about remembering because she claimed she was the same as always.

        "Actually, I'll just find my own way there and surprise him," (y/n) quickly said. She turned around and grabbed her hat and bag. She didn't know what but that action just felt right so she knew for sure that it was something she always did. Wicke said nothing as she left and only watched her go.

        It didn't take long for (y/n) to get from Aether to an area near the beach where she would be meeting Hau. She may or may not have included the use of ultra wormholes in her travel, which she was highly advised against, but she couldn't help it.

          The thought of being able to create ultra wormholes just intrigued her. The beach was the only place that was constant in (y/n)'s memory so it was where Hau had suggested they meet.

       (Y/n) had been walking past the pokémon professor's lab when she spotted Hau sitting on the beach shore but Gladion was also there and so she panicked and turned herself invisible. She was grateful for the ability which she often used when she was too stressed out while trying to remember things. Hau and Gladion were talking about something so she wanted to eavesdrop.

        "I can see why you're worried about that and, to be honest, I am too but I'm sure it won't happen," Hau was saying.

       "She spends a lot more time with you now though. You two could talk forever if it were possible but whenever she's with me I'm the one doing all of the talking. What if she really does fall for you," Gladion said.

         "She won't. I don't think you should worry too much about though. (Y/n) was planning on going to Ultra Megalopolis or something but if she never gets her memories back she won't go there or even have the same goals anymore. It would be as if she was a whole different person," Hau said.

       "Mother told me that she was going to send me a letter around the time she was considering making that trip. She said that (y/n) had wanted to know if she could be immediately notified once my reply came through but Mother said that she never sent the letter," Gladion muttered.

         "If you just tell her how you feel then I'm sure her memories will come back," Hau said.

        "She barely knows me. I couldn't do that to her," Gladion said with a sigh.

        "Well maybe if she was able to read your thoughts, she could recover her memories. All you need to do is accept her obsession with psychic types. I don't think ultraspace is the problem even though that's what Lunala told me," Hau said.

        "I can't do that. I don't want to," Gladion muttered. He avoided Hau's gaze immediately afterward.

        "And why not?" Hau asked. He clearly didn't want to give up on whatever it was they were talking about.

        "Because I don't want her to end up like Moon. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that noticed their resemblance. I can't let that happen," Gladion answered.

         Hau said nothing else and it because somewhat quiet. (Y/n) was shocked and confused by what she'd heard. There was one thing she was sure of though. That letter needed to be found.

        She began to back away from the two but she'd stepped on something that she was sure wasn't there earlier. It was a Palossand that had been creeping up to her and it let out a cry that alerted Hau and Gladion.

        For a second, (y/n) forgot that she was invisible but when the boys focused on the Palossand rather than her, she turned around and took off running. It probably wasn't a very good idea because in her state of panic, her invisibility broke and she became visible again.

        "(Y/n) wait!" she heard Gladion call but it was too late. She'd opened an ultra wormhole and went back to Aether. That letter really really needed to be found.
____________________________________

Yeah, I'm going to make the next chapter the last chapter. Until next time you remarkable readers!