Chapter 5

I recently thought about naming my chapters but then I was like...nah. That takes away from the suspense.
____________________________________

       Lunala landed them at the bottom of the stairs leading to the Alter of the Moon. Solgaleo, along with Hau, Sun, and Lillie, were all there. (Y/n) got down from Lunala's back and immediately released Rei.

        "Is it safe for me to send him up there to take a look?" she asked Lunala. Lunala responded with a simple head shake. It must have been bad if rock type Rei couldn't check things out.

       "Gladion?! Since when did you get here?!" Lillie exclaimed when she saw him. Apparently he had been avoiding quite a number of people.

        "No time to explain that right now. What's going on up there?" Gladion said.

        "Solgaleo telepathically told me that something was up and that Lunala had seen something abnormal and dangerous come out of the ultra wormhole. Solgaleo wants us to help him defend Alola from the threat. You two wouldn't happen to know what it is would you?" Sun explained.

        "Actually, we do know. Lunala telepathically told me that another Necrozma along with an unidentified person came from the ultra wormhole," (y/n) said.

         "But Necrozma is secure at Aether Paradise. You and Lunala have been working with Necrozma and monitoring all of his activity. How is that possible?" Lillie said.

        "You've been working with Necrozma?" Gladion asked (y/n). She might not have mentioned it in her letters to him.

       "Yes but that's not the issue here. We don't know what's up there so we need to proceed with extreme caution," (y/n) said.

        "I think we should release one of our pokémon and walk up there with Lunala and Solgaleo behind us. (Y/n), I still have that flute that you made to call Alola's guardians to help us if needed. We can't let Solgaleo or Lunala get too close to Necrozma though so you and Sun should have their pokéballs ready in case they need to be protected. Any other ideas to add to our current plan?" Hau said.

       "Nope. Your plan seems to be good enough as expected from one of the island kahunas," Sun said with a thumbs up.

        "Thanks," Hau sheepishly said. Despite his upgrade of status, he was the same as ever.

        "Wait, we need to let (y/n) be in the back. She has knowledge of pokémon beyond our own and has a ride pager. If anything happens, she needs to be able to escape to get us help. Plus she might be the only one able to understand Necrozma so we can't risk her being harmed," Lillie said.

       Everyone agreed with a nod. "Me and Hau can go first. Lillie, you should be in the middle so that you can provide us with backup. Gladion, you stay with (y/n). If anything happens, you take her back to Aether," Sun said.

         Everyone released a pokémon except (y/n) who already had Rei, her only other pokémon if Lunala was included. Gladion of coursed released Silvally, Sun released Primarina, Hau released Incineroar, and Lillie released Decidueye who was given to her by Professor Kukui.

       They took formation and walked up the stair leading to the Alter of the Moon hoping that they wouldn't have to deal with another major crisis. (Y/n) was scared. Her friends had put so much trust in her that she almost couldn't handle the responsibility. They trusted that she had enough knowledge and experience with Necrozma to be able to stop whatever could happen be she wasn't so sure of that.

       (Y/n) flinched when Gladion took hold of her hand. She looked at him in confusion but he shook his head at her all while keeping a serious look. He must have noticed her fear which she was grateful for. He did not let go of her hand until they got to the top of the stairs to face their possible opponent.