1 - The New Girl

"Fergan? It's called Fergan?"

"You say it like it's some kind of disease honey. It's a cute town, your dad and I like it. We're sure you two will like it too."

The seventeen year old and an eleven year old girl, gave each other the look their mother knew all too well. It was the look of disagreement.

"Girls.." She sighed from the passenger seat, looking at both of her daughters. "They offered your father a great job here. We-"

"Had to move. Yeah we know, mom." Said the oldest, her arms crossed as she looked away from her mother and stared out of the window. "I just wish we could've like moved to a cool city."

"New-York." Sofi, the youngest, chimed in. "I wanna go to New-York."

"I know girls.." Sinu, their mother, sighed before turning back around to look at the road. "But this will be great too. A new school, new frie-"

"New friends?" The seventeen year old's voice made everybody in the stuffed, dark-red SUV turn quiet. "Yeah, cause that worked out so well last time.."

"You'll make friends this time. I'm sure of that." Alejandro chimed in, his voice deep, yet kind. "The kids on the other school, they were just- just.. mean." He said as his wife nodded her head quickly.

The oldest teen sighed, still staring out of the window, watching how the rain-drops slowly slid down. "And then we will move again, just when I-"

"Karla, could you please drop the negative tone and try to make this something good?" Sinu said then, her voice slightly louder and pitched just a little bit higher than usual.

The seventeen year old sighed and watched how Alejandro laid his hand on her mother's knee in a way to try to comfort her. "It's not Karla anymore, I told you that already." She said, making her sister, who'd already been lost in her video game again, look up at her.

"Camila." Her sister said, a smile on her face while she stared at the older girl, proud that she'd remembered.

The older brunette nodded and Sinu rolled her eyes. "That is your second name. We named you Karla because-"

"Honey, if we want her to have a fresh start, maybe we should let her have a new name if she wants to." Alejandro said calmly, his eyes fixed on the road while he lifted his wife's hand up and kissed the top of it.

Sinu sighed but then nodded her head. "Fine." She said. "Now cheer up, Camila."

———

"The house looks pretty cool, huh?" Sofi, the youngest of the two sisters, said to Camila, who shrugged but then nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I guess." She mumbled, taking her own suitcase out of the back of the car and dragging it towards the front door. It was raining, still, and so her blue suitcase had turned a shade darker when she'd reached the house.

"Great weather down here." She mumbled to her father, who only patted her back as he passed her. She stepped into the hallway before dragging her, now soaked, suitcase to the supposed living-room area of her new home. She looked around, ran a hand through her wet hair, and noticed that the whole house was already decorated and furnished. This was because her mother had spent a couple of days down here a few weeks ago, making the place 'ready to move into' as she'd told the girls.

"Where's my room?" Camila asked as she looked around the living-room, which was complete already with a huge orange couch, yellow curtains and a large tv.

"Oh yes.." Sinu said, putting down a crate filled with plates on the kitchen counter, looking through the huge doorway into the living room. "Well your father and I have talked about it a lot the past mon-"