11 - Bruised

Lauren did appear at school the next day. But as usual, Camila and her wouldn't really talk that much. Lauren would sit with Aiden, his friends and that annoying girl, Scarlett.

Camila rolled her eyes when watching the group of friends from her table at the other side from the cafeteria. "What's up?" Ally wondered curiously, following Camila's gaze. Ally, Steven, Rob, Tiffany and her were sitting at their usual table in the middle of the cafeteria while Lauren was sat at her table in the corner.

"Nothing.." Camila mumbled. She had secretly kinda hoped that Lauren would finally acknowledge her presence in a nice way, inside the school halls. But the girl hadn't said a word to her all day.

"Did something happen?" Ally pushed, making Camila shake her head before the girl took a bite from her sandwich.

"It's probably something Jauregui related again." Tiffany said, her mouth filled with food as she spoke. Camila's eyebrows furrowed and she looked down at her plate.

"Whatever." She mumbled, shrugging.

"You should try to stop caring for that girl. You know how she is by now right? All she causes is trou-"

"Tif, shut the fuck up for once." Camila spat at the pink-haired girl, who was sat opposite of her. "I don't wanna talk about Lauren and she's none of your business. Okay?"

All of Camila's friends stared at her with wide eyes as the brunette stood up from her seat and stormed out of the cafeteria.

———

A set of emerald eyes had followed Camila's every move. Lauren had excused herself seconds after Camila had left, feeling the need to check on the girl after seeing her that distressed.

"Hey, are you alright?" She asked while walking towards her. She was stood with her head in her locker, rummaging through some stuff before she slammed it shut with a harsh bang.

"Oh now you can talk to me?" She asked, annoyance clearly present in her voice.

"I- Camz, you know how-"

"Lauren I do know.." Camila sighed, watching how Lauren was quickly scanning their surroundings for any familiar faces. "But I- I just want you to at least like.. smile at me.. or say hi. Instead of completely ignoring my existence."

"I- I know.." Lauren stuttered. Camila leaned against her now closed locker. "I- I do try sometimes but then again I don't want Aiden and the other guys to notice that you- you know, we get along and then there's Scarlett, who literally sees everything and- I- I don't want them to like, beat you up or anything or like start picking on you again. I'm scared that if I talk to you, they'll be mean to you and I don't- I- I don't want-"

Camila reached forward and places her left hand in front of the other girl's mouth, a small grin had appeared on her face. "Alright, alright. It's okay, relax." She said. "I know that the situation is fucked up.." She sighed. "It's just that Tiffany kept talking shit about you and I kinda like lashed out at her and then you came here and.. I'm sorry for lashing out at you too."

Camila's hand was still covering Lauren's mouth but the brunette could feel that the other girl was smiling and quickly took it back. "That's okay." Lauren shrugged. "I get it. What did she say?"

Camila shrugged as well, not wanting to tell the other girl what her friend had said.

"Tell me." Lauren said curiously.

"She told me I shouldn't hang with you because you only cause trouble." Camila sighed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Lauren let out a chuckle. "I mean, where's the lie?" She said, making Camila laugh.