12 - Quite A Storm

Lauren had kept her word, much to Camila's delight, and the 18 year old girl was stood in front of the Cabello's house the next day, after school. "I'll get it!" Camila shouted down the stairs as the doorbell had rung. "It's for me!"

"Alright, alright, don't break your legs Mija.." Sinu, Camila's mother, told her. She had a bit of a worried look on her face as she watched how her oldest daughter rushed down the stairs.

"Be home before midnight, please?" Alejandro, her father, told her from the kitchen, where he was preparing dinner. "And text me when you're on your way home!"

"Yes dad!" Camila shouted over her shoulder as she rushed into the hallway, where she was met with a surprising situation. "O-oh, ehmm.. Sof-"

"Now I finally know who Lauren is." Her younger, eleven year old sister smiled at her from the doorframe she was leaning against. A smiley Lauren was stood behind her, on the front porch. "She's very pretty." Sofi commented, smiling widely.

"Thank you." Lauren said, smiling at the younger Cabello sister, who flashed her a smile back before turning around quickly and making her way out of the hallway. "See you later Mila." She said quickly, before closing the door that separated the living-room from the hallway.

"She's cute." Lauren commented, smiling as she stared at a now very confused looking Camila, who blinked a few times before grabbing her new, dark-green coat. "You must've told her about me, because she knew my name right away."

Camila felt a slight blush creep onto her cheeks while she tried not to look at Lauren and looked down instead. "I- I might've mentioned.." She mumbled vaguely before stepping out of her house, shutting the door and passing the green eyed girl without looking at her.

"Ehm.. hallo?" Lauren said in the cutest high-pitched voice Camila had ever heard, pulling at her sleeve, turning her around. "Hug?"

A grin took over Camila's features. "Since when do we-"

"Come here, dumbass." Lauren said before pulling the 17 year old in a tight hug, secretly taking in her scent just as much as Camila always did to her. They stood there for a while before Lauren cleared her throat dramatically when noticing that Camila's mother was watching them through one of the upstairs windows.

"Let's.. let's get out of here.." She said awkwardly before turning around. Camila followed swiftly, a stupid grin plastered on her face.

———

"Well this isn't the most romantic place for a first date." Camila said, her mouth stuffed full with fries while she looked at the red and white tiles behind the girl with the emerald eyes, who was sat across from her.

Lauren's eyes widened and she almost spat out some of the coke she was sipping from. "Wh-wha..wh-" She mumbled as a reply.

Camila let out a loud laugh, slapping the table dramatically with her hand. "Oh my god, you should've seen your-"

A fry smacked against her forehead before landing on her lap. "Asshole!" Lauren exclaimed. "I thought you were serious for a second."

Camila, still laughing, picked up the fry from her lap before stuffing it into her mouth as well. She ignored Lauren's last comment, because she knew it did hurt a little. "S-so, anyway.." She mumbled. She watched how Lauren dug her teeth into her hamburger. The two of them were seated in the one and only Five Guys restaurant in town. They had both ordered a burger and some fries. Lauren also had a coke and Camila had a milkshake in her favourite flavour, banana. "Wanna talk about the conversation with.. you and..you know.. Aiden?"

Lauren sighed dramatically as she chewed on her burger. "I don't know.." She said honestly. "I mean.. we can talk about it if you want to?"

Camila shrugged. "Maybe it's good for you, to get it off your chest?"