4 - I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend

It was Sunday again and Lauren already regretted not calling in sick for work this morning. She was standing behind the counter of the little cafe, all by herself. Normani had a day off, since she'd visit some family, leaving Lauren alone, already having served three whole customers this morning, including herself.

She was stirring her own black coffee with a straw when the bell rang, indicating someone had walked into 'The Fluffy Cat'. No joke, that's what the cafe's called. Lauren had applied a year ago and had gotten the job immediately. It certainly wasn't her first job, and that could be seen on her resume. That is probably why she was hired right away. Normani was hired about half a year later and the two have enjoyed their 'boring' shifts together ever since.

"Hey, what can I h-h-hey.. oh, it's- why are you here?" Lauren had walked over to the cash register without really looking up from her own coffee cup but had later noticed who was standing in front of her.

"Oh my god, you work here?" A brown eyed brunette exclaimed, to which Lauren scratched the back of her neck and looked kinda embarrassed. She was wearing her light-brown 'Fluffy Cat' apron and realised she didn't look as tough as she usually would.

"Lauren Jauregui works at a cafe called the fluffy cat?!" Camila exclaims loudly, giggling to herself as she looked how Lauren's cheeks grew red. She had to admit that it was the cutest thing she'd ever seen.

"It pays well." Lauren told her honestly, holding up her hand as she's speaking to the brunette. "And it's not terrible. Doing dishes down at 'The Shack' is worse, believe me."

"The shack?" Camila wondered out loud. "That does sound terrible." She nodded, staring at Lauren's cute, brown apron with a large pink logo on it. "But- th-this outfit though." She giggled, watching how Lauren rolled her eyes and tried to look angry, but smiled nevertheless.

"Can I get you anything, miss?" Lauren said, trying to ignore the giggles coming out of the other girl's mouth. She scanned Camila down with her eyes, noticing how she was wearing a yellow tank top, blue skinny jeans and some dirty looking nikes. She looked.. colourful.. as always. And kinda weird. Yet very cute. Lauren didn't know she'd like the combination of 'weird' and 'cute' this much.

"A caramel latte would be nice." Camila mumbled, her eyes fixed on the sign above Lauren's head.

"Ughh.." Lauren sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes as she turned around to walk towards the coffee machine. "You're such a latte person."

Camila chuckled as she stared at the raven haired girl. "Let me guess.." She said. "You drink your coffee all black."

Lauren turned on the machine, putting a cup underneath it. She'd not so accidentally chosen a porcelain cup over a paper cup. "Like my outfits? Yeah, ha, ha. You funny." She said to Camila, who shook her head.

"Nah." The girl said, smiling widely. "Like your soul."

A loud laugh escaped from Lauren's throat. "Whoaaa.." She said to the brunette, who was laughing loudly at her own comment as well. The green eyed girl kept on chuckling while she spoke. "Damn.. t-thanks." She mumbled, smiling as she grabbed the other girl's cup and handed it to her.

Camila handed her a five dollar bill but she shoved it back into her hands. "Nah, it's on me."

The brunette's smile didn't fall. "From you or from the fluffy cat?"

Lauren shrugged. "It's about the gesture." She mumbled, smiling a small smile at the brunette in the yellow tank top.

"I actually wanted it to go." Camila said, pointing down at the latte on the counter. She wrapped her fingers around it though and sat down at a table near the counter that Lauren's behind. "But I guess I'll hang out here for a while then.."