7 - Stay Here

The brown eyed girl had been pacing through the living room for a while, prior to Lauren's arrival. She'd waited for about twenty minutes before the green eyed girl had cautiously knocked at the front door, almost so soft that she hadn't heard it over the sound of her own racing heartbeat.

"H-hey.." She breathed out right after she'd opened the door. Lauren was stood there, arms crossed over one another, wearing her regular dark clothing together with a sorrowful face. Camila herself wore her purple pyjama shorts and a white t-shirt.

"Hey." She replied, not looking up from her feet. Camila could practically feel the girl's worries and dark thoughts drift around her and so she decided to step forward and pull her into a hug.

It was kind of an awkward embrace, since Lauren held her arms crossed while Camila tried to comfort her. "Come in." The brown haired girl said after a few seconds, stepping back but holding out her hand for Lauren to take it, which the girl did after shooting Camila a look with those sorry eyes.

"Where are your parents?" Lauren wondered out loud as the two girls stepped into the living room, which Camila had dimly lit with lights.

"A funeral back in California." Camila replied, sitting down on the ugly orange couch her mom had picked out for their new home about three months back now.

"Oh." Lauren replied, looking around the room, immediately noticing all of the picture frames depicting a happy looking family. "I didn't know you had a younger sister." She mumbled, staring at a particularly big family photo hanging above the fireplace.

Camila chuckled. "You don't know much about me at all." She said, petting the place on the couch next to her softly.

Lauren shrugged before sitting down.

"Want something to drink?" Camila wondered then, getting up from her place on the couch again, a little nervous to have the mysterious Lauren Jauregui in her house in the middle of the night.

"Whiskey or vodka would be nice." Lauren said, the smallest grin on her face as she looked up at the brown eyed girl, who smiled and shook her head

"I can offer you either orange juice or some water."

"Water please." Lauren said, a small smile on her face as she watched how Camila made her way towards the kitchen, which was hidden behind a large wall. The brown eyed girl took her time to pour two glasses of water, her heart beating rapidly as she tried keeping her cool.

"There you go." She said, placing Lauren's and her own glass in front of the couch, on a small, glass table.

"Thanks." Said Lauren softly. "You have a nice house."

"Yeah. Thank you." Camila said. "I had to get used to it at first. Especially since I liked my last room in Seattle quite a lot. But now I have this huge room all the way upstairs and I actually have frien- I- yeah.." She stopped speaking, realising she's rambling.

Lauren chuckled. "Yeah friends. You've found yourself quite a great set of friends." She said, to which Camila, who had been looking down at the glass of water in her hands, looked up at her. She wondered if Lauren was being sarcastic. She didn't sound sarcastic.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. I- I do." Lauren nodded before looking away from the brown haired girl herself. "I'm sorry for- like- screaming at you that one time at my work. That was.. really unnecessary.."

Camila's eyes widened. She hadn't expected an apology to come out of the other girl's mouth, ever. But maybe she didn't know her as well as she sometimes thought she did. "That's- that's okay now." She mumbled. "I get that you felt a little attacke-"