2 - Reality

Camila learned what 'being gay' meant when she was twelve years old. She learned that she was gay when she was fourteen years old. Needless to say, it changed her world.

It all started with a celebrity crush. Taylor Swift.

Then a best friend crush. Except, she didn't really have friends, let alone a best friend. So instead of the 'bff' scenario, she had a 'remotely close friend crush'. Which, back in the days, felt just as heartbreaking when realising the feelings weren't mutual.

Camila has had several crushes after that, mostly innocent 'you're so cute' crushes and also some 'why do I wanna tear your clothes off?' crushes. She'd had the whole thing. The whole thing except for a first kiss, first girlfriend or a first time.

"Camila!" The seventeen year old brunette was at least happy to hear that her mother had kinda accustomed to the idea of calling her oldest daughter by her second name instead of her first. "Someone is at the door for you!"

She furrowed her eyebrows as she checked the time on the 'Cluse' watch around her left wrist. "At the door.." She mumbled. "For me?" She sat up straight behind her desk and paused her youtube video. She wondered who it would be, Ally hadn't said anything about coming by her house.

It had been two weeks since Camila's first day at school. Two weeks since she'd met Ally, her friend. She still can't believe she'd made an actual friend in the first week of school. Ally had even hung out with her after school. They'd met up at cafe once, Camila had been to Ally's place two times, and Ally had been to Camila's place once. Camila had even been to church with Ally on a Sunday when she had slept over at the tiny blonde's place.

They attended all of their classes together, sometimes some of Ally's other friends would join them as well. Tiffany, Rob and sometimes Steven. They were nice and nerdy. Camila liked them. She recalls meeting them on the third day of school. They all did their homework in the library afterwards. In fact, Camila met up with them almost every single day after school. They'd always be done at four with the regular classes, but they'd stay until at least five to do their homework. This meant Camila would spend time with people, actual people and not the posters she'd hung op on the empty wall behind her desk. Real people. Besides, she'd have more time to watch youtube video's about celebrities and Netflix documentaries on criminal behaviour. Life seemed to go pretty well.

"Who is it?!" She called down the stairs as she rushes down the first flight, leading down to the first floor.

"She says her name is Lauren."

Camila stopped in her tracks, her eyes widen as her pulse sped up. "L-Lauren?" She mumbled before turning back around and walking back up the stairs. As she reappeared in her room, she stood in front of the mirror, examining her own reflection and realising it's not how she wanted Lauren, who she'd deemed in her head as 'the very cool and way too hot girl', to see her.

"Fuck.." The brown eyed brunette muttered as she stared at herself in the large mirror. She was wearing her cargo sweatpants and an ugly yet very comfy yellow sweater. "Fuck, fuck, fuck.."

"Camila!" Her mother called out again. "The girl is still waiting!"

She sighed out loud and pulled her hair up in a ponytail, since it looked like a bird-nest and quickly wiped some old mascara underneath her eyes away with the tip of her finger before rushing down the stairs once again.

"Who is she?" She heard her mother ask curiously as she rushed through the living-room and into the hallway.

"School." Camila said shortly before opening the door to the hallway and quickly closing it behind her. She took three very deep breaths then, and opened the front door.