Us

Olivia's POV

It's currently quarter to one in the morning. The wine had left my system. I've been sitting on the couch for an hour watching Elliot pace slowly back and forth. Rage filled him, but he hasn't said a word.

"Elliot sit down please you're making me dizzy."

He comes to a stop and stares at the ground for a moment before locking eyes with me.

"When did this happen?" His tone was quiet.

"Today.. well yesterday."

He squints his eyes at me

"...before or after I asked if I could come home?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes."

"After.."

Elliot goes back to pacing

"Why'd you do it? To get back at me?" His voice is filled with confusion.

"No it had nothing to do with you. I was upset.. vulnerable. Nick took advantage of that... before I could even process what was happening, it had already happened."

He had nothing to say. I stand up and grab his hand.

"I'm sorry...but you don't exactly have the right to be-" Elliot gives me a warning look to stop my sentence and I let go of his hand and move it to the side of his face. "I love you, so so very much. You've given me everything I could ever need.. a home..a family.. I know things won't click back into place right away. We'll have to work on us, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you came home."

And then his lips were on mine.

Elliot's POV

The kiss quickly turns into a fight for dominance, which I am winning. I move my hands down to her lower back pulling her closer eliminating any space between us.

Olivia lets a moan escape and hunger takes over me. I squeeze her ass and lift her up stumbling against the wall pinning her with my body. Her legs wrap around me like they have so many times before.

I move my lips to her neck, kissing her olive skin. Olivia's hands tangle in my hair as she moans into my ear. My hands find their way up her shirt.

"El.." Liv faintly says

I ignore her thinking she's enjoying it until she moves her hands from my head to my chest pushing me away lightly.

"Honey."

"What?"

I examine her face trying to get a read.

"Did I do something wro-"

"-no no no." She smiles softly and move her hands to either side of my face.

God she's gorgeous.

"I want you.. so much.."

I take this as a sign to go back to what I was doing, but she stops me.

"I wasn't finished... I want you, but..."

I put her down sighing letting a deep breath out.

"But you're not ready." I say quickly before looking away and she moves my head back to face her.

"You need to stop being stubborn and let me finish." She kisses me and pulls away only an inch hovering over my lips. "But, I want to work on us.. not just mask our problems with sex."

Olivia's POV

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm not going to sleep with you tonight."

As much as I want to...as tempted as I am... I just know, this wouldn't be the right thing to do. Especially for our marriage.

Elliot leans his head against mine.

"No sex?"

I laugh at him and Eskimo kiss him smiling.

"No Elliot. No sex."

He starts to pull away getting ready to back up, but I stop him.

"But that doesn't mean we can't go back to what we were just doing."

A grin grows on his face and before I knew it Elliot has me in his arms carrying me off to the bedroom.