Dana

Elliot's POV

Two days shy of a week has gone by since the incident with Dale. I've been on leave recovering from my stab wounds and Liv was with me for a few of them since Cragen refused to let her back to work without a few days off after she saw a man blow his brains out as well endured Stuckey.

Olivia returned to work two days after, but as for me I don't get to return till my week is up. Even then Cragen said he wouldn't be sure if I was ready, but as for me I knew I was already, ready.

Brittany's POV

Mrs. Stabler calls me asking to come in and take the kids to school as Elliot is till resting and she got called in. I use my key to enter the Stabler residence around 7am. I make my way upstairs and towards the kids bedrooms.

I reach for the handle to Samantha's door who was first and out of nowhere a hand rests on my shoulder from behind and I jump.

"I'm sorry.. didn't mean to frighten you Brit."

"Elliot. Oh thank god no it's fine."

"What are you doing here?"

"Your wife asked me to come in take the kids to school so you could rest."

"She didn't have to do that I could've handled it."

"Well I'm already here so go back to bed and rest." The man looks at me as if I'm joking "Go." I try to use a stern voice and he only laughs at me.

"Okay Okay I'm going."

Elliot's POV

I turn around and start walking back to my room until she goes into wake my daughter up. I head down stairs instead and start getting their breakfast ready. I look at a note on the counter.

"Hi Brittany! Made the kids their lunches already. They're packed away in the fridge. Thanks again! Also don't let Elliot get up, he'll insist on helping, but don't let him he needs to rest! See you later -Olivia"

I laugh at the note and put the food on plates setting them around the table for the kids.

"Morning daddy!" Samantha smiles and takes a seat where she always does.

"Morning baby."

I kiss her head

"I'm wearing the new dress mommy got me."

"You look beautiful."

Not too long after does Madison come running down the stair and into the kitchen followed by Adam with Brittany.

"Elliot! Really go rest!" Brittany eyes me and I just laugh at her again.

"I just wanted to help."

"Thank you, but I got it! Go." I smirk and kiss my other two kids heads and head up stairs.

Olivia's POV

I call Brittany to check in

"Hi Mrs. Stabler."

"Hi hun how did everything go this morning?"

"You're husband is more stubborn than I thought."

The young girls comment causes me to laugh.

"Yeah tell about it. The kids give you any trouble?"

"No perfect angles as always"