Chapter 47 Justicar Zana Zinax

Chapter 47

Justicar Zana Zinax

Planet: Ivos

"Where have you been?" Hollered the Queen as soon as my image was visible to her over the holographic transmission.

She still sat prominently on the Galactic Council throne, looking smug about all the power she thought she had. So I knew that the Prince and Duke had not arrived to dethrone her supremacy.

"I've been imprisoned." I said

Which was probably the worst start to the conversation I could have made.

"What!" She bellowed as her green eyes began to bulge under the strain "Who did this and how could you allow it, you're the Justicar."

"Your son has returned to Ivos." I said and then paused

"Returned," said the Queen momentarily surprised as she sat back on her throne "Is he unharmed?"

"Yes," I cautiously reply "He also had the former King with him."

"No," she screamed as she clasped onto the crown on her head "How could this be, you promised me he would perish on Karus, you guaranteed me, that he would die on Karus."

"I never promised he would die on Karus." I replied trying to defend myself "I said, it would be the best option, for removing him from the Council."

"You twist your words all you like," Angered the Queen as she moved her image closed to the holograph "I know what you said."

"My Queen, I didn't come before you, to anger you, I came to warn you." I said worried by her wrath "The Prince and the Palander heir are coming to Gyann to claim their thrones."

"And you allowed this to happen." Seethed the Queen "I ordered you to find the Palander heir, not let him join up with my son, you have failed me."

"But I have informed you of the threat to the council seats." I summarise frantically "I have alerted you to the imminent treat coming your way."

"And why would you do that?" Fumed the Queen "For your own preservation, you save me, I save you,"

"I was hoping..." I mutter

"Well, you have failed me once too often." Continued the Queen "and while I thank you for warning me about my unwelcome guest, you can rot in the tower for all I care."

With that she pushed the holographic crystal hard and her image disappeared.

Evil, I had heard my father say, evil and untrustworthy, that was what he had been calling her ever since I had told him about my promotion to Justicar. How had I not seen it myself, my drunken father, the Count, had been pointing out the obvious through hazy vison, and I had been blinded by power to see it.

Although he did not hold his sister solely to blame for her madness and erratic outbursts, he frequently mentioned, the Navatha poisoning that had so badly affected their mother had been passed down the female line, or even to my father, but he had probably numbed such affliction with his constant drowning of brew.

Now what was I to do? Return to Boda and get locked back into my cell and beg for forgiveness to anyone who would listen to me, or try my luck in escaping the Tower of Chains completely, in all the Towers history I had never heard of anyone fleeing, but I certainly had a head start on anyone, thanks to my association with Boda, but could I really make it passed the heavily guards main gate. I'd already made it the holographic room, without any issues, surely I could think of a way out the tower and out of Kahrron City for good.