Chapter 4. I hate this song.

Andy's POV

I hear the door open but Layla and I are still sitting on the couch.

I hear a song come over the radio and you can hear it through the hole house.

"Lay can you change this song, I hate this song." I whisper.

"Really? Most people like this song, it's old but good." She says.

"Brings back bad memories." I tell her honestly.

"Come on boys are home anyway." She says. "Well two of them."

"How many is there?" I ask and chuckle. 

"Three." She says.

"Wow you live with three guys." I chuckle and let out a wolf whistle.

She laughs we make our way to the kitchen and the door is wide open and the dog is gone.

"Hey Jason this is Andrea." Layla says walking into the kitchen.

Jason turns around and looks at me then he drops his glass and it shatters all over the floor.

"Jason?" I ask in confusion. "JASON!" I scream and run to him and jump on him hugging him.

He hugs me back but chuckles and sets me down. "Wow Andy, what the hell are you doing here?" He asks in worry and confusion.

"I go to school with Layla thought I'd come visit her, what are you doing here?"

"Um..." He trails off.

"How do you guys even know each other?" Layla asks confused.

Then another guy walks through the door calling the dog. "Come on Chase, get your ass in here." He says. "Would somebody please turn that fucking song off I-" He cuts off when he see's me.

For a moment the world seems to stop spinning the moment our eyes meet.

*********

AIDEN'S POV

I go up the porch steps and can hear the song playing, the song brings back memories. Memories I can't stand to think about.

"Come on Chase, get your ass in here." I call for him. "Would somebody please turn that fucking song off I-" I stop short just a few steps into the doorway. Chase comes running through the house.

I swallow hard as I meet a pair of very familiar blue eyes. The hole world seems to stop spinning and I can't breath or move.

"Let me guess you two know each other too?" Layla says pointing between the two of us.

I slowly turn around and shut the door, thinking that I have gone crazy and it's an illusion. My mind must be playing tricks on me I take a deep breath and turn around, but she's still standing there in shock.

"Andy." I whisper.

She walks towards me slowly at first.

I look down at my feet and when she finally reaches me, she does exactly what I expect her to do.

She slaps me across the face.

"Woah!" Layla shouts.

"You son of a bitch." She breathes.

She turns around and goes into the living room.

She comes out with her keys and purse.

"I have to go Layla." She mumbles to her and begins to walk out the door.

Now that she's here, I can't just let her leave.

I chase her out of the house.

"Wait Andy!" I yell at her I grab her arm and spin her around.

"Let go of me." She whispers darkly.

"I can't." I breath. 

"Why not? You already did once." She fires back at me, and it hurts but she's right, sort of.

"Andy you don't understand I was jus-" I say but she cuts me off.

"Just what? Mad at me because of Angel? Fuck you Aiden! It was an accident I didn't mean-" She screams at me but cuts off crying and looking away.

"Damn it Andy it had nothing to do with her if you'd just let me explain!" I yell at her.

She looks at me confused.

I look her up and down and see a chain around her neck, I pull the necklace out of her t-shirt and it's what I thought the necklace I gave her with my name on it.

I stare at it for a moment. 

"Aiden wha-" She stops when I pull out my necklace from beneath my shirt.

She stares at it and then looks back up at me waiting for an answer.

"I didn't blame you for what happened to Angel, I blamed myself. It wasn't just that though. Your dad came and saw me the night before you and I went to the cemetery together. He told me that if I loved you at all, that I'd let you go so you could move on with your life. He so badly wanted you to go to UCLA because he knew you were capable of great things and you are Andy. I wanted to be selfish, I wanted to stay with you but I knew that if I didn't break your heart there was no way in hell you'd leave. So I let you believe what you wanted too, and I knew it hurt you it hurt me too seeing you like that, but it was never because I stopped loving you or because of Angel." I explain to her and she stares at me dumbfounded.

"How long have you been here?" She asks me.

"Since I left." I whisper.

"Aiden UCLA is only two hours away!" She screams at me trying to pull away from me.

"I know that Andy! Okay I know and I'm sorry, I just wanted you to go through life without interference from me! I was a fucking wreck three years ago because of what happened with Angel I've been blaming myself for it for so long and then when I let you go too I -I just couldn't face you." I tell her.

She cries and shakes her head, I pull her into me and hug her tightly.

"What the fuck is going on? Would someone please tell me before I lose my shit?" Layla asks and Jason laughs. 

"Believe me you don't even want to hear that story." Jason chuckles.

We look over when another vehicle pulls into the driveway, and it's Carly.

Shit.