Chapter 25. Welcome Home Party.

Andy's POV

Dear Diary, 

Today we are finally putting on a Welcome Home Party. Even though Aiden's been here for 6 weeks and I've been here for about 8 weeks. Truth is we have been working our asses off on this ranch, there's been a lot to do to get things how we want them. Not only that but Aiden's been working on opening up his own mechanic shop, obviously that requires finding a building which he did and now we're buying it but he also has to remodel it. It used to be a storage unit sort of but the way Aiden gutted it all out it doesn't look like one now. He finally finished it and he opens up tomorrow so today seemed like the perfect day to do a welcome home party. We invited a bunch of people to come over for the cookout. Some of them are old classmates. Our friends and their parents. Our mom and dad too, yes my dad that is always interesting isn't it? My dad hasn't seen Aiden or I since Aiden's been home. My dad still isn't Aiden's biggest fan he says its cause of the marriage thing. I think I'm just my dad's baby girl and he get's jealous..maybe? Well I can't WAIT to see how today goes (SARCASM.)

Andrea King.

I throw my journal back into my desk drawer and start looking through the bills.

"Hey baby want to come to the store with me quick?" Aiden calls to me from the kitchen but I can hear him.

"For what?" I call back loud enough for him to hear.

"Charcoal, soda, beer and whatever else we forgot." He calls back.

I chuckle.

What he really means is what I forgot because he made me a shopping list and I forgot a bunch of things but he's nice enough to take part the blame.

I stand up and walk out into the kitchen. "Sure let me get my boots on." I tell him.

He whistles.

I laugh. "Really do my boots turn you on?" I ask.

"Yep especially when you wear short shorts." He says letting his eyes travel my bare legs I roll my eyes and laugh.

I walk past him and out the door.

Aiden smacks me on the ass on my way out the door.

"Ow." I grumble and he laughs as I rub my butt.

We go out to his truck and climb into it.

We head over to the grocery store in town.

He pulls into the parking lot and shuts the truck off.

We walk into the store and I grab a cart.

"I already forgot what we came for." I admit sheepishly.

"What?" He asks in disbelief and then laughs. "What the hell is with you lately?" He asks me.

I shake my head. "I don't know what you mean." I tell him.

"What do you mean you don't know what I mean? You been forgetting a lot lately sleeping all the time keep complaining of headaches, maybe you need a cat scan." He suggests.

I shake my head and yawn. "We're just always so busy." I shrug.

We make our way around the store, grabbing what I forgot.

We go to the checkout lane and once we get everything onto the belt I look up and stop in surprise.

I look up at Aiden who hasn't noticed who the clerk is yet.

The clerk hasn't noticed us yet either.

I snort trying to hold back my laughter.

"What?" Aiden asks chewing his gum.

He looks up and see's the clerk, and then the clerk see's us.

It's Samantha.

"Aiden?" She asks in surprise.

She takes a deep breath and looks at me.

She clears her throat and looks away then start's scanning and bagging the items.

"How are you guys today?" She asks quietly.

"Good you?" Aiden asks her politely putting the bags back into the cart.

"Good." She mumbles.

I grab a soda out of the cooler next to me and put it on the belt.

She watches as I do that, and see's the ring on my finger.

Her breath catches and I smirk at her.

She mumbles to Aiden what he owes and he pays for it.

We head out to the truck.

"I'm rather impressed to find her still obsessed with you." I say to Aiden and chuckle.

"What? She didn't even say nothing?" He asks in confusion.

"You didn't see the look on her face when she saw this." I say wiggling my ring finger at him.

He laughs and shakes his head. "No wasn't paying attention I guess."

"This reminds me, I saw Tyler the day you got home." I tell him.

"Yeah? What'd he say?" He asks not seeming bothered by it.

"He asked me who the lucky guy was." I tell him and laugh. 

"Yeah what'd you say?" He asks when we climb into the truck.

"I told him you. He seemed dumbfounded but wasn't an asshole about it. Samantha might of just been surprised to everyone knew we broke up after school." I tell him looking out the window.

"Fuck um." He whispers grabbing my left hand and kissing my ring finger. "I love you." He says.

I smile at him. "I love you too." 

*******

Everyone's done eating and sitting around the table Aiden's talking to the boys I come out of the house, with a beer and sit down on Aiden's lap. 

I throw an arm around his shoulder and peck his lips. 

"First one?" He asks tilting his beer toward's mine.

"Actually it's for you, figured you were about out and looks like I was right." I tell him and set it down.

"Why don't you have one?" He asks confused.

I pucker my lips and shake my head. "Not in the mood." I whisper.

He takes a deep breath, takes a drink of his beer.

"Liar." He  says looking back up at me.

Everyone looks at us confused having heard none of our conversation but the "liar" part.

"Uh oh, trouble in paradise already?" Jason asks and chuckles.

My dad tilts his head with a blank expression.

I smirk and huff, sucking my bottom lip between my teeth.

"What's up?" Drew asks arching an eyebrow.

Everyone is staring at us, waiting for me to answer including Aiden.

Thanks a lot Aiden, so not how I wanted to do this.

I take a deep breath and roll my eyes at everyone and then look at Aiden whom I'm still sitting on.

"I'm pregnant." I announce.