Chapter 22. Grandpa.

Andy's POV

I let the lawyer into my dad's kitchen shaking his hand and going over to the coffee pot.

I pour a cup for myself. "Would you like some coffee?" I ask him. 

"Sure." He says.

I pour his cup and set it down in front of him.

"So Andy, I spoke to Joe before he passed away and as I understand it your his only grandchild. He had a daughter and a son, your mom being the daughter." He says.

"Yes my Uncle was stillborn though." I say.

"Right, and you have no kid's."  He says.

"Not living." I say shaking my head.

"Your grandfather said to his knowledge your his only living kin aside from possibly very distant relatives, you're the closest so he gave you everything. His funeral was all set up before he died though so that is not something you need to organize. Everything is taken care of, but you inherit everything that is left." He says.

"I'm sorry he didn't donate anything or?" I ask confused.

"No I asked him about all that, he said he wanted you to have it give you a head start in life." He says.

"Oh." I breath. 

"All you need to do is sign these." He says. "You can transfer everything when you are ready. Here is the deed to the house as well." He adds handing it to me.

He looks down at the paper in confusion. "I'm sorry Andrea King?" He asks.

"I got married." I tell him and he nods simply.

I turn around to go to the living room but stop dead in my tracks.

My dad is leaning against the doorway, fuming.

"Daddy.." I whisper.

"You're married?!" He shouts.

*********

Aiden's POV

My phone rings I check the caller ID and answer it.

"Hey mom." I say.

"You got married?!" She screams through the phone.

What the hell Andy...

Jason looks at me in shock.

"Mom could we do this later, I just picked Jason up and on my way home and he can hear you." I tell her.

"Oh hi Jason how are you hon?" She asks him sweetly.

"Good, Lori you?" He asks.

"Could be better." She sneers.

"Mom how'd you find out?" I ask confused.

"So it is true?!" She yells.

I sigh heavily running a hand through my hair.

"Yes, it's true." I tell her.

"Craig called apparently he overheard it between Andy and the lawyer." Mom says.

"Mom why does it bother you so bad? You love Andy." I grumble getting irritated. "Besides, I'm a grown ass man I take care of myself have since high school never once had to come back and live with you why the fuck does it matter?" 

"It matters because maybe I wanted to see my only son get married!" She yells. "Couldn't you have waited long enough to plan a wedding? Maybe Andy didn't want to elope in some courthouse may-" I cut her off by laughing.