Chapter 13. Dinner.

Aiden's POV

My mom invites Craig over for dinner without telling him that Andy and I are home.

When there is a knock on the door my mom goes to answer it.

"Hey Craig." Mom greet's him. 

"Hey Lori." He says to  her. "Something going on?" He asks curiously.

"Oh yes." She smiles at him.

Andy and I stand just off to the side Craig walks into the door.

Craig see's us and gasps at the sight of his daughter.

"Andrea?" He asks.

"Hi daddy." She beams at him, I nudge her toward's her father.

Craig doesn't cry much, but he is right now.

"It's so good to see you baby girl." He embraces her tightly.

"It's good to see you too dad." She tells him. "I missed you." She says.

"Missed you too." He says kissing her on the head.

He let's go of her and we walk to the kitchen.

We sit down at the small four person table and mom sets down a bunch of food. 

Andy sit's between her dad and I, Mom sits between Craig and I.

"Wow, so are you both just home for the funeral? When did you two run into each other?" Craig asks confused.

"We are home for the funeral." Andy nods. "Sort of found him by accident about a month ago." 

"How's school going?" Craig asks her.

"Good, next year is my last though." She informs him.

"You're quitting?" He asks confused.

"No I just decided what I'm doing." She mumbles.

This is news to me too.

"What's that?" He asks.

"I'm going to write books, like novels and stuff." She says.

"Really, well that's great." My mom smiles at her.

"Thanks." Andy whispers.

"What were you doing in California?" Craig asks me but it sounds like an accusation.

"Just working in a mechanic shop." I tell him.

"You gave up school in Tuscaloosa to go work in a garage?" Craig snorts.

"I didn't wanna play football." I tell him.

"Dad." Andy speaks up.

Craig shrugs.

"What did you two do just decide to run off to L.A. together?" He accuses.

I've had enough of it I slam my fists down onto the table and stand up leaning over the table to Craig who drops his fork and looks up at me.

"Aiden." Andy stands up grabbing my arm.

"You fucking listen to me Craig, She didn't know I was in California. I was in San Diego two hours away from her. I had my cousin, his girlfriend, and Jason living with me. Layla and Andy were friends and I didn't know. Andy came to see Layla and we ran into each other. It's a damn good fucking thing I found her before the asshole she was with fucking killed her so you can straight up kiss my fucking ass! You were wrong! I never should have let her go, she may not have had a college degree but at least I wouldn't beat the fuck  out of her!" I scream at her dad, the rage flowing out of me. I grab Andy and lift her shirt enough for him to see the bruise that's still on her stomach.