Chapter Four: Cats Hate Water

[ Chapter 4: Cats hate water ]

[ Beacon Hills Railroad Depot, Beacon Hills ]
[ Monday, March 5th ]
[ Third Person ]

     Isaac Lahey was pushed down to the hard concrete floor for the 6th time in a row [Rebekah Brier knew this – every time it had occurred she grimaced – she was quickly running out of different pained expressions as she watched from the safety of a staircase with Vernon Boyd who was grinning. Shortly afterwards, Erica Reyes fell to the floor too.

    Derek Hale rolled his eyes – he was responsible for the sight. His eyes were fixed on the two blondes who he had just floored before he glanced up, his eyes focusing on Rebekah and Boyd who were watching his attempts at training the two weakest of his betas.

    “Does anyone want to try not being completely predictable?” Derek proposed.

    All of a sudden, Erica sprang back up onto her feet and pounced on him – literally. Rebekah hadn’t witnessed someone stick their tongue down someone’s throat that quickly or deeply since hers and Jackson’s first attempt at a make out session.

    Derek appeared to kiss her back for a few seconds in which Rebekah’s eyebrow hadn’t shoot up higher. Then he shoved her back away from him and she ended up in the same position on the ground that she had been in only moments before.

    “That’s the last time you do that.” Derek told her, wiping her lipstick off of his lips.

    “Why? Because I’m a beta?” Erica queried. Rebekah had seen a lot of Erica in the last three days and regretted this every single time she saw her. Erica was a bitch – not a likable bitch just a regular bitch. Those were the worst kind of bitches.

    “No, because I have someone else in mind for y-”

    All of a sudden, Rebekah sprang from her spot on the top of the stair case – using the handrail to spin herself around until she landed on Derek’s shoulders. She brought her legs together around his neck causing him to fall to the ground – the only problem was that Rebekah ended up underneath him with his back against her stomach.

    With little to no effort, Derek flipped her around so that he was now pinning her to the ground.

    “Now..” Isaac started, breathing heavily as he distracted Derek from Rebekah who slid out from underneath him and crawled backwards until she reached the blond's side. “Are we done?” he queried. “I got about a hundred bones that need a few hours to heal.”

   Rebekah raised her head to look up at Derek who genuinely looked sympathetic. He nodded his head a few times as he walked towards Isaac with a concerned expression. He crouched down in front of Isaac with his arm held out.

    “Come here.” Derek ordered causing Isaac to extend his own arm out to Derek. Completely unpredictably, he gripped Isaac’s arm and jerked it backwards. Isaac yelped in pain as Rebekah jumped at the sound of a snapping bone.

    “Derek!” Rebekah protested.

    “A hundred and one.” Derek told him, his face barely inches away from his. “You think I’m teaching you how to fight? Huh?” he questioned him angrily. Erica’s jaw had dropped and Boyd was simply grimacing. “Look at me!” he ordered causing Isaac to look up at Derek. “I’m teaching you how to survive!” he yelled, letting go of Isaac’s arm and shooting back up to her feet.

    “Hey, it’s okay.” Rebekah crawled over to him, letting Isaac’s head fall back into her lap as she stroked his arm soothingly. Her head then turned to look at Derek who paced slightly. “If they wanted us dead, why aren’t they coming for us now?” she asked, causing Derek’s head to snap in her direction. “What are they waiting for?” she demanded with gravel in her tone.