Chapter Sixteen: Fours A Warrant

[ Chapter 16: Fours A Warrant ]

[ Stiles’ House, Beacon Hills ]
[ Thursday, March 29th  ]
[ Third Person ]

     As soon as the three saw Matt and the kanima disappear, they had all climbed into Bekah’s Lamborghini with Stiles as their driver and driven to Stiles’ house. Matt was the kanima’s master. Matt was the murderer. They needed to tell Mr. Stilinski – and so they did.

    “So this kid's the real killer?” Mr. Stilinski queried, pointing to a picture of Matt that they had supplied. The picture was old but was circled over and over in Stiles’ red permanent marker pen when they had told Mr. Stilinski.

    “Yeah.”

    “No.”

    “Yes!”

    “No.”

    “Dad, come on.” Stiles shot up to his feet, looking his father dead in the eyes. “Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay?” he glanced down at the book. “So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common.”

    “Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class.” Mr. Stilinski pointed out.

    “All right,” Stiles said, rolling his eyes before looking off to the side. “Okay, you're right, sorry.” He said sarcastically, holding his hands up in surrender before dropping them back down to his side. “Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?”

     “No.” Mr Stilinski said through gritted teeth after a few seconds of silence as he couldn’t call up a valid response. “You know what? They're not dropping the charges.” He said causing Stiles to glance back at Bekah and Scott for a second. “But that doesn't prove anything.”

    Stiles made a frustrated face as he opened his mouth to argue with his dad.  

    “Scott, Bekah, do you believe this?” Mr. Stilinski queried causing Stiles to moan.

    “It's really hard to explain how we know this,” Scott spoke on behalf of all three now, his tone much calmer than Stiles’ “But you just gotta trust us.” He told him, looking Mr. Stilinski dead in the eye. “We know it's Matt.” He stated.

     “Yeah.” Bekah agreed with the two. “Matt’s super smart – he’s in my math class.” She said in explanation. “He probably took Harris's car knowing that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him.” She theorised.

    “All right, fine.” Mr. Stilinski said, glancing to Bekah before glancing back to his son. “I'll allow the remote possibility,” he humoured them. “But give me a motive.” He ordered. “I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?” he enquired.

    “Isn't it obvious?” Stiles questioned his dad in a raised voice with his arms extended out to the sides – Mr. Stilinski, Scott and Bekah were now hanging on his next words. “Our swim team sucks!” he yelled causing Mr. Stilinski to sigh, diffusing the tension. “They haven't won in, like, six years.” He went on before he changed his tone. “Okay, we don't have a motive yet.” He admitted. “I mean, come on, does Harris?”

     “What do you want me to do?”

    Stiles’ head turned to look at Bekah and Scott who were looking between each other.