Chapter Seven: Family Ties

[ Chapter 7: Family Ties ]

[ 2551 Strother Street, Beacon Hills ]
[ Saturday, 10th March ]
[ Third Person ]

     Louise Brier awoke to the sound of the doorbell. Groggily, she rolled out of bed and pulled on a fluffy dressing gown. Yawning, she climbed down the staircase and picked the keys up off of the usual hook and proceeded to unlock the door.

    ''Hello, Ms. Brier.'' Scott greeted her with a pleasant smile.

    ''Friends of Bekah's?''

    ''Yeah, they are.'' Bekah chimed, running down the stairs in a duck egg coloured silk dressing grown. ''Mom, this is Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. Stiles and Scott, this is my mom.'' she introduced them hastily. ''We're studying for our economy midterm, see ya!'' she called.

    ''Good morning to you too.'' Louise uttered under her breath.

    Bekah pretty much shoved the pair up the staircase before opening the door to her bedroom and slamming it shut after her. Hastily, she locked the door before taking a deep breath and running a hand through her knotty bed hair.

    ''When I said get here early, I didn't mean get here at the crack of dawn!''

    ''We bought you coffee.'' Stiles told her revealing the coffee cup before holding it out to her. ''Good stuff.'' he told her, nodding as she took a sip of it. ''Very overpriced.'' he stated before dropping down onto the window seat. ''The finest in B-''

    ''It's good coffee, I get it.''

    ''So....'' Scott started looking extremely awkward as Bekah lay down on her bed with her back against the bedstead, he had never been in a girl’s bedroom - other than Allison's of course. She gestured for him to sit down on the chair under her desk. ''The kanima seeks a master....not a friend?''

     ''Yeah.'' Bekah nodded before taking a long sip of the coffee. ''That's what Lydia translated it as - I don't understand how Miss Morrell got it confused with friend though.'' she furrowed her eyebrows before placing the coffee on her bed stand. ''Thing is, if Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him.''

    ''Or he doesn't remember.'' Scott suggested.

    ''What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?'' Stiles proposed before finding the words for it. ''A fugue state.'' he recalled. ''He'd have to forget everything. The murder-'' he went on.

    ''Getting rid of the blood.'' Bekah added.

    ''Yeah,'' Stiles agreed with her, nodding his head ever so slightly. ''He had help with one thing tough....'' he trailed off briefly for makeshift suspense. ''The video.'' he stated, causing Bekah to exhaled. ''And someone else helped him forget that.''

    ''Whoever's controlling him.''

    ''Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?'' Bekah queried.

    ''He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing.'' Stiles informed her.

    ''So do we try and convince him he's not?'' Bekah questioned.

    ''If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah.'' Scott answered.

    ''Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?'' Bekah asked - she was full of questions this morning.

    ''Yeah, it's us. He'll talk to us. Right?''

    Suddenly, as if it were fate the doorbell chimed again.