Chapter Seventeen: Helpless

[ Chapter 17: Helpless ]

[ Beacon County Sheriff's Office, Beacon Hills ]
[ Thursday, March 29th  ]
[ Third Person ]

     “She’s on her way here.” Scott told Mr. Stilinski, referring to his mother who he had just been on the phone with. Mr. Stilinski didn’t respond – he was frozen with his eyes wide. “Sheriff?” he questioned him before turning his head.

     Stiles was walking back into the office slowly at gunpoint – holding the gun was Matt.

     “Matt?” Mr. Stilinski questioned, standing up from his seat but with his hands raised in the air. “It’s Matt, right?” he said – Matt said nothing. “Matt, whatever’s going on, I guarantee you there’s a solution that doesn’t involve a gun.” He tried to talk him down.

     “You know,” Matt started a smirk on his face as he held the gun at the son’s head whilst looking at the father. “It’s funny you say that.” He remarked with an amused tone. “Because I don’t think you’re aware of just how right you are.”

     The kanima.

     Scott’s heart was racing.

     “I know you don’t wanna hurt people-” Mr. Stilinski tried to appeal to his heart.

     “Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people.” Matt corrected him. “You three weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded.” He raised his eyebrows threateningly. “And one way is to try dialling somebody on your cell phone, like McCall is doing.” He called him out causing Scott to instantly remove his hand from the pocket of his jeans. “That - that could definitely get someone hurt.” He smirked. “Everyone. Now!” he commanded.

     Without another word, Stiles, Mr. Stilinski and Scott fished their phones out of their pockets and put them down in a clump on the desk. Matt took a step forwards causing them to shuffle backwards – but he harmlessly placed another cell phone down on the pile.

     “That’s – That’s Bekah’s.” Stiles pointed out causing Scott and Mr. Stilinski to look at him alarmed before looking back to Matt with wide eyes. Matt said nothing and just smirked for a second – relishing in the power he had over them.

     “Oh – don’t you worry.” Matt told them with a grin on his face. “Perfect Little Miss Rebekah Brier is fine.....” He told them causing them to exhale of out relief. “Just paralysed from the neck down and crying about her dead cousin out front.” He revealed causing them to freeze.  “What was her name?” he questioned the three of them. “Holly?”

     “Molly.” Stiles corrected him automatically causing Matt to turn on him abruptly but Stiles didn’t stiffen up like Mr. Stilinski and Scott did as he did – he just stood there with his two fists clenched. “Her name was Molly.” He stated.

[ Beacon County Sheriff's Office, Beacon Hills | 03:45 | Third Person ]

     Bekah Brier was laying motionlessly on the floor of the reception area of the Sheriff’s Office.

     She may have appeared motionless but internally she was anything but. Her heat rate was through the roof. Her lungs were expanding and contracting at record time. Sweat was pouring out of her sweat glands. Tears were running out of her tear ducts. Her vocal chords were straining. And her larynx was raw.

     She was unaware of the happenings around her and maybe that was for the best.

     All she knew was that the kanima was here, it had killed Molly, it had paralysed her and dragged her into the reception area and left her there. From her spot on the floor she could see a pool of blood on the floor near the front desk – it had killed the deputy too.