Chapter 17

Renée didn't call a meeting or ask to speak with me for a few days. I was thankful for that because after my talk with Barton I wasn't really in the mood to discus anything. The training actually helped me not think about it too much. It was the same schedule of early mornings and late nights but I never had much time to think which was good. If I had enough time to think my mind would be overloaded with thoughts.

After 3 days Renée announced that I had one more task and then that night I would try the food to see if what Barton said was true. For the task I had to steel money from some famous person and it would be in 4 days time. Apparently, this person was very popular, although I'd never heard of them, so they would have lots of guards, more then the other tasks. Which ment I would have to train even harder. I had no time to sleep and so I was becoming weaker instead of stronger. I tried speaking with Renée to get her to at least let me have half an hour to rest but she ignored me. Four days later I awoke early and got ready. The drive was short and I exited the vehicle and entered the building.

5 minutes into the task my vision started fading in and out of focus. When it first started happening I had just turned a corner. My vision faded and I couldn't see a thing. For a minute everything was black and I didn't see the person in the hallway in front of me. But I heard them say something and so I knew exactly where they were and I quickly knocked them out. Then my vision went back to normal and I could see again. That happened 4 more times.

I hurried down corridors before reaching the door to room 342. I took a deep breath and opened it. Denice Pera sat at a desk. She was listening to music so she didn't hear me at first.

"Hello." I said.

The woman jumped and stared at me startled.

"Who are you?" She asked sounding nervous.

"I'm not going to hurt you, just hand me all your money and I'll be off." I said, sounding tired which I was.

"What? No! I'm not going to just give you my money!" She said.

I sighed.

"So you're asking me to knock you out then? I'll get your money either way."

"Look, if you're doing this because you don't have any money I'll just give you some money, you obviously really need it. But if you're doing this and you already have lots of money you need to realize that this isn't right and you should stop before you get caught."

"I'm sorry I, I really need your money i-if I don't take your money they might t-take her, and I can't l-let that happen." I started to stutter.

I was starting to get really nervous. I had a bad feeling about this and I knew this wasn't right. Then I staggered and I quickly grabbed onto a table to support myself. What was going on? Was it lack of sleep, was that what it was? Or was it something else?

"What are you talking about?" The woman asked.

"Nothing." I quickly replied.

My vision blurred out of focus and then everything went dark. A sharp pain erupted in my heart and I collapsed to the ground. I cried out, I felt like I was on fire.

"Please, help me." I whispered.

Then I lost consciousness.

Hello, it been a little while since I posted (sorry). How was your day? I hope you like this chapter and are enjoying my book. Please tell me what you think.