Ebb of the Night (Chapter 19)

19.

While Xavier attempted to bring Andy to, Doyle and Kerra returned to his room to shower and dressed. As they returned to the living room area Andy was awake and being comforted by Layla, who had her arms draped around her shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Andy asked with a wavering voice the second Doyle walked in the room.

Suddenly all eyes were on Doyle, even Kerra.

"You were my mate, but I abjured you." Doyle stated unaffected by Andy's sudden question.

"Huh? I was your what, but now I'm his. So what are y'all just going to pass me around?" Andy's voice picked up as she looked around.

"No, Andy!" Layla cried. "It's not like that. Doyle loved you, but he knew your dreams were more important to you. So when I was time for you to leave, he did the only thing he could do to let you go. Abjure you. He sacrificed his happiness for your's, but he knew he couldn't move to be with you."

"And why the hell not!" Andy demanded jumping up from the couch looking Doyle dead in the eyes, causing Kerra to growl protectively at his side.

"Because Andy, I have responsibilities to my pack. I could of gave it up, but they are what I have been dreaming of since I as a kid, much like your dancing."

"Responsibilities??? To what, run a pack of dogs?"

"Basically." Doyle stated, his voice even and calm. He couldn't even bring himself to get angry or annoyed by her name calling. Doyle could feel the tension rolling off Kerra as a growl rumbled through her chest. Wrapping his arm around her waist she calmed down instantly and leaned into his grasp.

"So your the leader? Or you're father?"

"I'm the leader, Doyle is my Omega. When I pass or decide I am too old for the position he will take over for me. And his children will be the next in line." Connor stated as he stood beside his son, placing a firm grip on his shoulder.

"So now I'm supposed to be Xavier?"

Everyone silently nodded.

"Xave?" She turned to look at him. He was now wearing a hotel robe over his naked body. He rushed to her side and wrapped his arm around her.

"It's okay. We can talk about this. I just didn't want to keep this from you."

Andy quietly bobbed her head up and down and allowed Xavier to lead her into the bed room so they could talk.

"So I guess the bachelor night is all but canceled?" Zach voiced as he glanced over at Doyle, who simply shrugged.

"We don't have to go to strip bars for a good time, guys. We can just go have a few drinks and call it a night. I'm sure all our mates would agree with that." Keiran stated as he glanced over at his cousin, who was happily wrapped around Doyle.

"That sounds good with me." Doyle stated as he looked down at Kerra kissing her nose lightly.

"I like that idea a whole lot better!" Layla sighed as she glanced at all the men.

"Well I'm so glad for all of you mated people, but if you haven't noticed I'm still single over here!" Kyle stated waving his arm in the air.

"You probably wouldn't be if you weren't wearing pants as tight as the girls you like. I mean seriously. A girl doesn't want to date a guy she's afraid is going to steal her pants instead of get in them!" Doyle joked as he pointed out Kyle's skinny jeans.

"Ha ha, Doyle." Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, Kyle. Go buy you some new clothes, get out of those teen clothes and wear some big boy clothes." Doyle joked.