Stares and glances

Jason's POV

I wish today had never come. It was Monday, which only meant two things, a) I had the history exam I didn't story for because I just couldn't and b) today I'll see him in school.

I will not talk to him. At least not soon. I'm still overwhelmed. And what overwhelms me the most is that I don't know if I am angry at him or at myself. And I would like to talk to someone about it, but I'm too ashamed. I actually thought about telling Ellie, but I realized Frank must've already told her before me, so why bother. Anyways, another main reason why I'll keep this to myself is that I don't want anyone's opinion to affect mine, so I'll just... not talk to anyone, I guess.

Frank's POV

I woke up today two hours earlier than my alarm. I just can't sleep anymore. I am so nervous today, I have no idea what can happen. Maybe Jason will hit me in the jaw and will never want to be my friend again. Maybe he will ignore me for the rest of his life. Or maybe he'll come up to me and kiss me. But that's a stretch. I know he doesn't want to see my face ever again, he just wants to forget what happened along with ever knowing I existed.

I arrived at school an hour early too, so I just went to the library and hoped a good book could get my mind of all the what ifs. But I don't think it worked.

The Woman in Black. 1. Christmas Eve. My name is Arthur Kipps. When I was a young man, I worked in London. I was— he will never talk to you again — a solicitor. I worked for the same — he will never like you — company all my life. — you just made a fool of yourself — Fourteen years ago, I bought this house — how did you ever think he could love you? — called Monk's Piece. I lived — he hates you — here with my dear wife, Esme. — no one will ever love you — Esme's first husband had — you don't deserve to be loved — died. She was a widow when I married her. — you will never get married because you're just a sad little boy who doesn't know how to love, and when just a tiny little drop of love is poured over him, he overreacts and fucks everything up. You can never do anything right, can you?

The bell rang. Physics class. Jason.

I opened the classroom door, but I still looking at the floor because I am too afraid to see his face. I walk towards my usual sit... besides Jason. To my relief, Jason isn't in the classroom yet. Wait, what if he doesn't show up to school. A wave of relief hit me, but not for too long, because Jason had just walked inside.

My breathing accelerated, and I found myself switching my sitting position and fixing my hair. But he didn't look at me, he was also staring at the floor. The difference with me and him was that he didn't take the seat beside me, he took the seat right beside the door.

The classroom slowly started to fill and class eventually started. I wasn't paying attention as usual, but instead, my eyes kept finding their way to Jason. And they didn't move for a very long time.

He was wearing a grey sweater and black jeans with his usual black converse. But something about him felt different. Probably because he wasn't as cheerful as usual, sitting beside me and making fun of or teacher's Scottish accent, or maybe the fact that this time I feel a tingly feeling in my gut when I look at him.

When the class finally ended, he was the first to cross the door. Maybe that's the reason why he wanted to be in the seat nearest to the door. Stop fooling yourself Frank, the main reason why he sat there is because he doesn't want to be next to you. That's the most possible reason.

The day went by slowly. Too slowly. But at last, lunchtime came. I was still too nervous and thinking I could see or speak to Jason in any moment made me anxious. And I think you could notice.