Chapter 2

Hanna's car arrives at the cafe, I can see she's been crying... A lot. I'm probably the only thing stoping her from having a perfect year. I would be the last puzzle in her amazing life... I'm actually really sad about seeing her like this. I wish she would come with me, but I bet she'll be more than fine here in Richmond, even though I'm gone.

" everything packed?"

She smiles trough her red and swollen eyes

" hope so! I got the picture of us in your backyard when we were 5, and that's the most important thing. So yes, all packed "

My voice cracks. I'm surprised. I don't feel sad actually. But I guess this thing actually is more sad than I imagined it would be...

Hanna hardly answers me, she makes that smile she did a minute ago and starts the engine. Hanna probably doesn't wanna break down in front of me, we've never been those best friends that cries together and stuff, we always laugh. Oh I'm gonna miss laughing with her.

The drive to the airport feels so long, probably because of the tension. None of us talks , we are both trying to swallow that big lump in our throats... This is so sad...

" we're here! Finally! London here I come, sure u don't wanna come?"

My try of joking this situation out of the way is not succeeding

" oh I'm gonna miss you, please stay here! please please please!!"

Hanna digs her head into my shoulder and wraps her shaking arms around my body...

" you'll be fine Hanna, i know so... And I will too, I promise! And you'll promise you will visit, right?"

I choke on the last words.

" promise!"

She hugs me tight for the last time, wipe away her tears and walks towards her car.

I wave as she's arrived to her car, she waves back and that's when I realise how much I'll miss that girl.

My best friend.