N O V E

If there was one thing that Hibari Kyoya hated more than crowding and herbivores combined, it was being told what to do. Even worse, being told what to do by his father, because when that old man told him what to do it wasn't a request it was an order, and Hibari Kyoya hated being ordered around, especially when the old fart was treating him like an herbivore.

Kyo, you're not allowed to go near that mansion, I don't care how loud they are or if the disturb the peace of Namimori, you are not to go near the people that live there or interfere with them in any way.

His father really didn't know him at all, it was the best way to convince him to take some time out of his important nap or 'discipline the masses' time to go investigate this mansion that was apparently above the law of the Hibari family and allowed to run amok as they wished.

The thought of a group of herbivores gathering and being allowed to do what they wished in his Namimori grated on him the whole way to the mansion. He didn't care who lived in this place, they were going to feel the sting of his tonfa and learn the laws of Namimori.

So, to say that seeing four children playing hide and seek in the garden was the furthest thing from what he had expected was very true. His steely eyes narrowing as he glared at the four children, he recognised one of them, the subject of intense bullying regardless of his discipline to the crowing bullies, a little girl that was the most herbivorous of herbivores that attended the elementary school.

Kyoya had heard whispers from some of the staff that there were strange foreigners that picked her up after school, but they had been somewhat quiet on the matter when asked about it.

It was after he had inquired about the foreigners that his father had ordered him to stay away from this mansion, so the foreigners were the dangerous ones? The children with the girl hardly seemed a challenge, completely unworthy of his time. So there had to be others here that were worthier of feeling the sting of his tonfa.

So, if the kid's weren't the challenge, there had to be some adults around, Kyoya did so enjoy putting adults in their place on the food chain, there were only a few people he had ever acknowledged as Carnivores, and he doubted there was anyone here that could live up to that title.

Kyoya decided to wait and watch, he was good at waiting, especially if it led to a good fight, he had been getting bored with the local yakuza and delinquents, so instead he waited, watching the four children play their childish herbivore games.

His patience paid off when half an hour later a tall foreign teen emerged from the house, Kyoya's eyes locked onto the tall dark haired teen, now this was more what he was talking about, the way the teen stood, his posture, his aura, it reeked of confidence and danger. Kyoya even let a shiver of excitement slip down his back as he charged out of the bushes and straight at the teen.

~•~

Xanxus was annoyed, here he had been having a nice calm afternoon, Tsuna forgetting about everything in the midst of playing games with the other three brats he had brought home. Xanxus had been sitting and sipping at some tea with Squalo, the latter doing Xanxus' paperwork as his boss had just thrown the back in his face when he tried to give them to him, watching Tsuna play with the other three children. It hadn't been long when his hackles went up, someone was in his territory, and they were watching his brat.

Xanxus flicked his eyes around the yard to see a small child, probably a little older than his brat, maybe about the same age as the Mukurou brat, staring at his brat. Xanxus narrowed his gaze and studied the child, he was a fighter that much was clear, the brat even had a passable stance on him, two tonfa tight in his grasp while the kid watched Tsuna and company playing and running around.