D O D I C I

Tsuna slid out of the bed and quietly snuck across the room, quietly twisting at the handle the child peeked out and up and down the hallway, everything was quiet in this wing of the mansion. Slipping out the six year old padded down the hallway. Reaching up at yet another door handle Tsuna twisted it and poked her head in, sitting over near the window was Massimo staring up at the stars silently.

Tsuna had heard that he was not coming out of his room, Tsuna knew he was sad, like Xanxus was, he needed a hug too. Tugging at the cuff of his shirt Massimo blinked down at her before silently pulling her up into his lap and hugging her tight in his lap and turning his eyes back out to the night sky.

"I don't want to be the eldest." Massimo murmured, "Enrico was meant to the be eldest. I was going to join CEDEF, not take over the famiglia..." Tsuna didn't say anything even though she had questions, there were words that she didn't understand, "I don't think I can do this." Tsuna didn't ask him anything though, instead she continued sitting in silence while Massimo held her tight. Slowly his shaking stopped, and he just propped his chin on her head staring outside still. "You should head back, Xan will freak out if he wakes and you're missing." Tsuna craned her head and looked up at him before smiling, reaching out she pet the top of his head.

Hopping off his lap Tsuna left him alone and headed back to her room, slipping into the bed as quietly as she could and curling up with a smile she nodded off. Xanxus cracked open one eye and looked down to check she was unharmed, he had heard her sneak out, but he assumed she had a reason, Tsuna always did. The little girl had returned before dawn, so he would leave it be.

~•~

"So... Hayato is to be her Storm?" Lucian was ecstatic, Nono had called him unto a meeting regarding his son staying by the Vongola's granddaughter. His son had secured the place as Storm, it was a done deal in his mind.

"No. He's not." Lucian opened his mouth but Nono cut him off. "If you would recall she is currently being raised outside the Mafia, she will not have Guardians until such time as she enters our world." Lucian was itching to say more, so Hayato wasn't to officially be her storm yet. He was still to be her Storm surely. "However, Tsuna has taken a liking to your son, so for now he will be sent to Japan with her and attend school as a civilian while receiving training for a post that may one day be open. Keep in mind Lucian, he is not her Storm Guardian."

"Of course, Nono. I understand." Yet, it was implicated that he was not her Guardian yet.

Timoteo could see what Lucian was thinking, his eager eyes were giving him away, he already considered Hayato to be a Vongola Guardian, that gave a huge prestige boost to his famiglia. With his nine year old daughter stepping into the world of hitmen with her innate talents and his son to be a Vongola Guardian... Everything was looking up for him. As long as Hayato didn't mess this up.

A matter he would bring up with his son before he left for Japan with the Vongola princess. For once he was glad for all the trouble he had gone to in making sure everyone believed Hayato was his legitimate son, finally the gamble was paying off.

"Will I be allowed to visit Hayato in Japan?" Nono's sharp eyes grabbed him then, Lucian forgot to breath as the pressure pressed down on him, he had pushed too far now. "I take my leave." Lucian whispered before retreating, he needed to make himself scarce or face up to Timoteo's wrath.

Like hell Timoteo was going to let a viper like him anywhere near Japan, they didn't have someone keeping an illusion on her there, and he might find out where she lived, that exposed Tsuna and Nana to more danger than they were already in.

Timoteo had failed his own son, but he was not going to fail again, he wouldn't lose any more children, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let Tsuna be dragged in until there was no other option. If that meant Hayato going to Japan and never contacting his father again he somehow didn't think the kid would mind.