The Queen is Dead

You know, I never knew how much I missed Bae until we spent the morning together. After I called Snow to wish her a happy birthday, even though I know she doesn't like to celebrate it. She thanked me, but I knew her well enough to know that she doesn't want to do anything special. That I understand. Her mother's funeral was on the same bloody day as her birthday.

Back to Bae, I missed talking to him like we use to. Making jokes, spending time with Henry. He's actually trying to spend time with him and make up the last 11 years. Unlike Emma who tried to take him back to Regina.

"Soo...uh...you guys like pizza?" Bae asked us as we spent most of the morning walking around New York. Emma and the Crocodile right behind us.

I gave him a look. "Who doesn't like pizza?"

Henry nodded. "Jax and I ate pizza for two weeks straight." Best meal ever. "L - Let me guess. You're gonna tell us the best pizza's in New York and we gotta try it, right?"

"Actually, it's in the Kingdom of Damarian on the north shore of the Dragon Fields of Zorn," Bae joked. Henry gave him a confused look as I chuckled. "Nah, it's in New York. Here, let's get you a slice."

I smiled as I wrapped my arm around Bae's shoulder. "I really miss you, Lost Boy."

Bae chuckled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He whispered, "Good. Thought Felix beat me for a minute there. Which I'm a bit glad he's not here at the moment."

I gave him another look as we entered the pizza joint. "You guys are tied." I removed my arm from around him and went up to the counter. My eyes widen when I found out they serve deep dish. "Scratch that, Bae, you're my favorite."

Henry eyed it. "Deep dish, yum." Bae chuckled as he looked at the worker and ordered three slices. Henry looked at his dad. "So you're really from there?"

Bae nodded as he handed us our slice. "Yeah, I am."

"How'd you know Jax?"

Bae and I exchanged a look. "It's a long and complicated story." Yeah, young Bae stuck in Neverland. Papa and I tried to use him, but didn't. Then Bae manages to escape. What's complicated about that?

I nodded. "Very long." I took a bite and had my mouth burst with flavor. "Oh, my god. This is so good." I took another bite.

Henry gave us curious looks. "Did you two date?"

I choked on my pizza and started coughing. Bae patted my back as I gasped for air, while he shook his head at Henry.

"No, we didn't. Cas was a good friend of mine," Bae answered.

I stood up straight. "Yeah, we were just friends."

"Oh, that's ok," Henry shrugged it off. "It would have been weird if you dated my babysitter before you went out with my mom."

Bae scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, it would be."

I gave Henry a look. "And Henry, Bae and I share the same mother. It would be weird if we dated. He's basically my brother."

Bae nodded. "That's true." Then he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started rubbing my head. "I finally found my sister."

I started laughing. "Ok, that enough." Henry kept laughing, making Bae rub my head harder. "Bae, if you want your bloody fingers, then I suggest you get them off me."

"You're right," he said as he lets go. "Hey, if you guys like the pizza, then you need to check out the museum."

"I need to talk to Emma first," Henry said