The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Fairytale World

I was whistling a happy tune down the market. I 'aciddently' dropped an apple on the ground. When the merchant went to pick it up, I grabbed the golden necklace and placed it in my pocket.

I had my eye on this since Papa and I arrived at the village. Was I going to wear it? Probably not. Was it fun taking it? Absolutely. The only jewlery I wear are the ones that leave a mark on me.

I made my way inside the tavern. I saw a few guys holding their tankers high up and cheering. I saw a coin pouch sitting near one of the edges of the table. I strolled over and grabbed it before heading towards the wench.

I asked for a cup of rum. I thanked her and started drinking. "I hope you plan on returning that." Someone said next to me.

I got a good look at the man. Wavish blonde/brown hair, dressed in fur armor, bow and arrow behind his back, quite handsome. I send him a flirty smile acting innocent, "I have no idea what you're talking about, mate." Not to mention that wolf sitting next to him. Lad has a pet....lovely.

"That coin purse doesn't belong to you. Neither does that necklace."

My smile grew brighter, "So you've been watching me?"

"I've been watching a thief." He corrected.

I signed before taking another sip of rum. I looked at my drink, "Sorry about this, lad."

He gave me a confused look. I didn't waste another second before throwing my drink in his face and slamming the cup behind his head. I got up from my seat and ran out.

I pushed pass the villagers and threw some items at the hunter. I turned around to see him jumping over the cart before taking his bow out. I ran into the forest as the arrow flew towards my head.

Storybrooke

Sleep, that's all I want. But I can't have that with someone pounding rapidly on the door. I yawned before leaving my room. Dad got up too, but I told him to lie back down. I walked down the stairs. Who the hell is up at this time?

I rubbed my eye as I opened the door to reveal Graham. "Graham, what are you doing here?" I asked tiredly.

He ignored my question before coming in and pulling me in to a bone crushing hug. I stiffened for a bit before returning it. "You're ok." He mumbled.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

He pulled away and ran his hand through his hair, "It's nothing, Jax."

I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms, "It must be something if you came here at three in the morning. You're my best friend, Graham. You can tell me anything."

He sighed as we walked over to the table. I started making him a cup of tea waiting for him to tell me. "I kissed Emma."

My eyes widen, "You did?" A smile broke out. "Good for you." It slowly faded when he didn't return it. "What happened?"