A Land Without Magic

Fairytale World

I hate the Queen's castle. Every corner I turn, there's a guard walking through. Charming better be in that cell or else I'm going to kick his bloody ass to the moon and back.

I quickly spun around and kicked the guard in front of me. I turned back as swung my sword across the other guard's throat. He started to choke as he dropped down. I turned again to block another blow from the guard and threw a punch across his jaw. He fell back and I wasted no time running towards him and plunged my sword in his chest.

I continued down the corridor towards the dungeon. I was about to turn the corner, but quickly turned back when I heard footsteps. I hid in the shadows as the guards came out with Charming in chains. Bloody hell. I followed them out and his behind one of the statues. Charming looked back and his gaze found mine. I gave him a look to tell him to shut up. He nodded before falling on the ground, making the guards annoyed.

"Get up! On your feet," one demanded.

I took that as my cue to run at the first guard. I grabbed his shoulder and ram my sword through his back before kicking him down. Charming got up and punched the guy in his stomach. He staggered back and shed his sword. He was about to swing at Charming, but I blocked his blow with one of my own. I kicked the guard in his nether regions before using the end of my sword to knock him out.

I went over and grabbed the keys before I started to unchain Charming. "Not even a month and you manage to get yourself captured."

Once the chains were off, Charming pulled me in for a tight hug. "I miss you, too, Cas."

I wasn't afraid to return it. "Enough hugging, let's go."

He nodded before we started running down the corridor. "Where's Snow?"

I didn't look at him. "Um...she's a bit preoccupied right now."

"With what?"

"She's, uh, she's taking on the Queen."

"What?!"

 I couldn't answer and pulled him back to skid to a stop. Another guard stood in front of us with his arrow notched. I grabbed his arm to turn us around, but another guard blocked our way.

"Shoot them," he ordered.

And he did. Except the guard didn't shoot at us, he shot his partner. I looked at the guard. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm surprised you don't recognize me, Cas," the guard said. I furrowed my brows as he took off his mask. A small smile came to my face when those curls came out of the helmet. "We did go way back then."

My smile got wide as I ran over and hugged him. "It's great to see you again, Huntsman."

"Never thought we would meet again like this."

"What are you doing here?"

"I disappointed the Queen and now I'm a slave." He placed his hand over his heart. "She took it away."

"I'm so sorry, mate."

He nodded before looking at Charming and me. "Get out of here. She's left to meet Snow. Her fate is in a precarious place. We must hurry. Follow me, I can get you two out. I'll try and stall the Queen. The rest is up to him." He pointed at Charming while grabbing his weapons. "Your weapons and some provision. Good luck."

"You're not coming with us," Charming asked.

"I cannot. I gave up my heart so that the Queen would spare Snow's. Don't let my sacrifice be in vain. Find her."