C h a p t e r 5.

3rd persosn's POV

"I'm sorry..."

"Shh...it's okay. It's okay. Just...let me see." Dazai reassured the girl.
Rie showed Dazai her arm full of cuts and scars.

"Ok...uhm...I'm gonna go get the first aid kit, you just go wait for me on the couch, ok?"

Rie nodded as a response, and went to sit on the couch. When she saw Dazai with the medical kit coming towards her, her eyes started to water. Dazai started treating Rie's wounds and telling her that it was alright, but that didn't make her feel any better. When Dazai was done, he put the medical kit away and hugged her tight, whispering in her ear all kinds of sweet things to cheer her up. While Dazai was doing that Rie cried in his chest, warm tears soaking in his white shirt, which of course he didn't mind.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, wich felt longer, but after these minutes of complete silence, Dazai broke it.

"Why?..." he whispered and Rie remained silent.

"Come on, you can tell me...I won't juge you, you know..."

"I-I...just feel l-like a burden to y-you... You keep helping me...and I just k-keep getting in your way...I...I'm s-sorry." Rie admitted, wich left Dazai almost speechless.

Almost.

"What? No, no, no. You're not a burden to me" he said with a tiny little giggle.

"And you certainly don't get in my way. I'm helping you because I want to. I could've easily left you alone, but I didn't want to." The brunette continued.

"I-I guess..."

"Let's go to sleep now, ok?"

"Can we s-stay here for a little while l-longer?..." Rie asked and Dazai shook his head in a "yes" manner.

'God she's adorable.' He thought.

They stayed like that for a while, so of course, they fell asleep on the couch.

• • • time skip • • •

Dazai's POV

I woke up to see a sleeping beauty in my arms, hair covering parts of her face and head on my chest. We were still in the same posision from last night.

'I have to make sure she doesn't harm herself anymore. And I definitely have to do something about her aunt and uncle.'

My thoughts were interrupted by Rie slightly moving and then waking up.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty!" I told her with a smile.

Once she saw the position we were in she started blushing like a tomato and quickly got off of me.

"G-Good morning, Dazai-san!" She responded.

'Aww! She's even cuter when she's flustered!' I thought, smiling a little to myself.

I gave her a warm smile and asked
"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Anything, really...I'm just hungry." She responded.

"Haha ok. But don't you dare complain and not eat!" I told ger before going in the kitchen to prepare us something to eat.

• • • time skip • • •