C h a p t e r 10

Rie's POV

We were having a day off today, for whatever reason, but I decided not to question it too much and just enjoy it. So I decided to crash on my sofa, watching anime.

Chuuya's POV

I talked to Rie yesterday and today I have to tell Mori-san everything. It's possible that Akutagawa-kun will be there too.

'Somehow he manages to get on every single one of my nerves.'

I entered Mori's office and, sure enough, Akutagawa was there too. I didn't want him there but there was nothing I could do about it, so I just had to accept it.The first thing I noticed when I entered was the death glare he was giving me. It took a lot of self control to not punch him in the face.

"Oh, Chuuya-kun! I'm glad you could come! So what did you find out?" Mori asked me.

"Exactly what I told you yesterday: She is not a spy." I said returning Akutagawa the death glare.

"Impossible! I saw her exiting her apartment complex at 3 AM a few times, and going to the park. She is surely meeting with someone there! I don't think you-" Akutagawa started saying something but I cut him off, not wanting to hear any more of what he had to say.

"She has Insomnia." I said bluntly and he finally closed his mouth.

"Well, I believe you. Rie doesn't look like the kind of person to do stuff like that. Maybe only for a person she really cares about." As soon as Mori said that, Akutagawa just left, and I think I knew where he was going.

Akutagawa's POV

I didn't care that they didn't believe me, I' going to make them. I was going to talk to Rie myself.

'That brat... I knew something was off about her since she came here.'

I arrived to her apartment complex and called the intercom to her apartment.

"Yes?" She responded
"It's Akutagawa. Open up." I said and the door opened.

I walked to her apartment door and let myself in, 'cause this idiot didn't even bother to lock the door. When I entered her apartment I found her on the couch, watching anime. The place was clean and pretty nice.

"Hey, what brings you here? I thought you hated me." Rie started the conversation, somewhat cheerful.

"Well, your guess is not too far off."

"Wow, thanks." she continued sarcastically.
"Anyways, what brings you here?"

"I have to talk to you, since Chuuya is too incompetent to do anything himself."

"Is this about me being a spy for another organisation?"

"Yes. Now tell me, who you work for." I said and was ready to activate my ability, Rashomon, in case she wasn't cooperating.

"Port Mafia."

"Cut the act! Who are you working for?! Is it the Armed Detective Agency?! Are you working with that Dazai bastard?!"

"If you're talking about the idiot Chuuya-san used to work with. No. I don't even know him. I heard about him from Chuuya-san, and that's it."

Rie's POV

"If you're talking about the idiot Chuuya-san used to work with. No. I don't even know him. I heard about him from Chuuya-san, and that's it." I told him, but he didn't seem to believe me, and I was 100% done with him.

HE RUINED MY DAY OFF!!!

"That 'idiot' was my superior, and now he works for that stupid Detective Agency... If you want to prove that you're innocent, then you'll have to come with us. We will ambush them and you will help us. IF you want to remain in the Port Mafia."