C h a p t e r 1 9

3rd person's POV

"Rie, " started Chuuya after dropping her off "tomorrow we're going to have some guests. Mori-san wanted to witness your progress for himself, so be prepared."

"Ok, don't worry, I'll be fine."

"I know, good night." he left, waving.

"See you tomorrow, good night."

I've never wanted to die so bad in my life.

Hmm... Should I call Dazai?

"To hell with it, Imma call him!"

Rie:
"Hey, how are you doing?"

Dazai:
"I'm fine, thanks for asking. How about you, princess?"

Rie:
"Uh, not that-
W-wait! Princess?!"

Dazai:
"I-uh yeah... You don't like it...?"

Rie:
"No- I-I mean yes. I... I like it" she said, a slight blush appearing on her face.

Dazai:
"I'm glad you do. Did something happen though? I'm pretty sure you almost said you weren't doing so well.

Rie:
"Oh yeah...well, Mori-san's going to come tomorrow to supervise me and Chuuya. Actually more like supervise me."

Dazai:
"Okay.. And is that so bad?"

Rie:
"of course it is! You know how I hate being supervised like that."

Dazai:
"Oh yeah haha sorry. You'll do great tho, so don't worry about it, ok?

Rie:
"It's not that easy though... How have things been at the agency? Everything okay there?"

Dazai:
"Everything's working smoothly here."

Rie:
"Im glad to hear that."

Dazai:
"y'know, I've been thinking..We really haven't seen eachother in a while, have we?"

Rie:
"No, we really haven't. Where are you going with that?"

Dazai:
"How about we meet up? And before you say anything, I know it's risky, but we've done it before, so we'll get through with it this time as well!"

Rie:
"I don't really know.. Will you be coming here?"

Dazai:
"Yeapp!"

Rie:
"Hmm.. Then I guess it'll be fine.. Like you said, we did meet up like this in the past and nothing happened, so i guess we could.:

Dazai:
"Cool! It's settled then, I'll come by in an hour! See you then!"

Rie:
"Ok, I'll se you, bye!"

Rie hung up the phone and started getting ready. While it wasn't necesarly anything too fancy, she wanted to look at least somewhat decent. Let's not forget that she also had to prepare a meal for the two.

And so, she took a quick shower and got dressed in some black ripped jeans and a dark cyan hoodie. This took a little longer than she expected though, and by the time she was ready, there were only about 5 to 10 minutes until Dazai would arrive. This meant she didn't have a lot of time to prepare anything fancy.

But, as  if on cue, our cute little protagonist got a text from none other than her favorite suicidal maniac.

Suicide Freak <3
Heyy! I'm on my way!
I also picked up something, I hope you like chinese food :))

Omg yess, Thank you so much! <33

Suicide Freak <3
No problem, see you in a bit <3

Well at least I don't have to worry about that..

-

Rie was relaxing on the couch, waiting for Dazai to arrive, when suddenly she hears her apartment door open and close. Quite confused and a little bit frightened, she gets  up and peeks a little from the corner of her wall to see who just entered her house. 

It was none other than the mysterious brunette whose arrival she was awaiting. Tho she didn't expect him to just enter like that..

"Do you have a key to my apartment?!" she yelled, running to the door.

"Why yes, yes I do. Why? Is there a problem with that"?"

"Uhm..yes...no..YES! You could've at the very least told me you have one, or you know..how about asking me if I'm ok with it??"

"I was about to ask you for permission but then i realised that you would've said no, so i just didn't ask." he responded with a smiling face, while taking off his shoes.

"Remind me again, why are we friends?"

"Well-"

"Oh yeah, I remembered. It's because you kept following me and sticking your nose in my buisness, so much so that i was obligated to befriend you.."

"Are you mad at me?"

"What? No, sorry. It's just that i can't understand your logic at all sometimes..Thanks for putting up with my sorry ass." Rie then said with a slight giggle at the end. 

"Come on in." she continued.

Dazai couldn't help but burst in laughter upon witnessing her little tantrum.