C h a p t e r 1 4

Rie's POV

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

'Ugh, what time is it?...8:15 AM?!'

'Oh my god..I fell asleep watching Anime and Chuuya's gonna be here in 15 minutes!'

I get ready as fast as I can, and right after I put my shoes on, I hear the doorbell ringing. I open the door and, to my surprise, it wasn't Chuuya..

"Hi Akutagawa..uhm...what are you doing here?"

'God, I hate seeing him'

"Chuuya-san couldn't make it this morning, so I was charged with picking you up and taking you to the training grounds."

"Oh..ok.. Let's- What are you doing?"

'Why is he looking around my apartment..?'

"I still don't trust you, and since Chuuya-san isn't here to protect his precious partner, no one's gonna stop me from looking around your apartment"

"But-"

"Besides,what are YOU gonna do, huh?"

"I-"

"It's not like you would have chance against me, I could kill you in a second if I wanted to!"

"You really can't stop, can you?!"

"Stop what?!"

"This! Not trusting me, going against the orders Mori-san gave you! And come on, are you really stepping that low as to looking around my apartment?!"

"What do you know, huh?! I'm sure you've had it easy all your life! Getting everything you wanted, not having to lift a single finger!"

"No! You're wrong, it wasn't like that!"

"Then how was it, huh?!"

"You know what? I'm not having this conversation with you!"

"What happened? You can't find a lie good enough to cover yourself?!"

"I don't have to explain myself to you! You can keep looking around if you trust me so little, I'm going to training!"

As I was walking through the streets, I didn't even realise how my eyes flooded with tears.

'God. Fucking. Dammit!'

I managed to calm myself before arriving at the HQs. Even so, I still staying outside the training room for a while before entering, just to be sure.

When I felt like I was finally ready, I opened the door and faced Chuuya.

"Hey, good morning!"

"Hey! I'm sorry I couldn't come this morning."

"It's alright. What happened anyways? If you don't mind me asking."

"It was in a meeting with Mori-san."

"Oh, it wasn't about Akutagawa not trusting me again, was it?"