C h a p t e r 1 7

Rie's POV

We arrived at his apartment but I was starting to have doubts. Don't get me wrong, I trust him and I'm pretty sure he trusts me too but I didn't wanna make him take care of me.

"Are you sure?"

"What do you mean? Of course I am."

"You know you don't have to do this, right? I mean I can take of myself if something happens."

"I know you can but I wanna make sure you're safe. We still don't know how many more there are. So yes, I am sure." He finished with a smile.

"If you say so.."

He unlocked the door and we stepped in. After I took my shoes off, I started to look around.

When we first stepped in, I found myself in a little opened hallway that was connected to the living room.

I wandered in the vintage looking place. It was quite spacious with one of the walls almost completly covered in a bookshelf with the contents beautifully arranged.

The wall opposite of that had a little wine bar with all sorts of assortments. Although the majority of them were red ones, there were some others too.

On the wall between the two stood a nice, cosy fireplace with a TV mounted on top. Although the fire was out i could already tell that it looked beatuful when lighten. In front of the fireplace stood two armchairs, a sofa and a coffe table.

He started showing me around and showed me that the door on the wall with the bar was leading to the kitchen, while the one on the other wall was leading to another hallway.

As we stepped in the hallway, the told me that the room to the right leaded to the bathroom and the two on the left, to the bedrooms.

"The first door is my bedroom, so you'll be sleeping in the second one."

"Ok."

"You hungry?"

"Actually, yes. I am, in fact, a little hungry."

"Should we order some pizza?"

"Uh sure."

"Something wrong?"

"No, it's just that..you don't really seem like the kind of guy to just order pizza."

"And what's that supposed to mean, huh?! Just because me and my apartment are fancy doesn't mean that that I can't eat pizza or other stuff like that!" He furiosly said, rasing his voice a little.

"Ok, ok, chill!"

After we ate we started talking and he asked me something that took me by surprise..

"Do you wanna come to the meeting with Mori tomorrow?"

"Uhh..why..?"

"He keeps asking about you and how your training is going."

"Oh..Will Akutagawa be there?"

"I hope not." He said getting angry.

"Did you talk to him about this?"

"Not yet.."

"You don't plan on telling him, do you?"

"..no..."

"I hate you."

"No you don't!"

"And how do you know that, huh?!" I asked him, faking my anger. I really just wanted to know where it was going.