《11》

3 days later

mia

"sam, are you ready? we have to be at the airport to pick up sammy and rachel at 2 and we have to be at the courthouse by 3!" i shout up the stairs. "i'll be down in a minute!" i shake my head and look at nate, "having sam in the house is like raising a kid, and he's a grown man." "hey, it was your idea for him to move in, not mine." he points out. "i know." sam comes downstairs looking nervous, "how do i look?" "you look fine, now can we go?" he nods and i give nate a kiss, "i'll see you when we get back, and don't forget that nina and landon are coming back with us." "i know, now go." he laughs. "okay, i'm going. i love you." "i love you too." sam and i leave the house and drive to lax. "why are you so nervous?" i ask upon seeing him shaking his leg rapidly, which is a nervous tick of his. "i haven't seen rachel in person since sammy's first birthday." he reminds me. "and?" "and rachel was the one that got away.." he chews on his bottom lip. "so are you nervous because you still have feelings for her or are you nervous because you want the visit to go well so she'll move out here with sammy?" "yes." he answers to both questions. "are you sure you're prepared to be in the same room as all three of your baby mamas? you're a nervous wreck." "i'll be fine. i'm going to get addie back today. stassie wanted to settle it in a private court because it would get her a lot of bad publicity, she's going to give me my daughter back and she's going to do it today." he insists. "i see rachel!" he jumps up from his seat and looks around, "where??" rachel spots us and starts walking over to us with sammy in her arms. "mia. mia, mia, she's coming over here, she's coming over here!" he whispers, jerking my arm. "i know sam, i see her. now get a grip and let go of me." i slap his hand just before rachel reaches us. "hey!" she pulls me into a hug and i smile, hugging her back. sammy jumps out of her arms and right into sam's, "daddy!" i start to feel myself getting emotional and force it down, "get ahold of yourself mia." i look at sammy and smile, "do you remember me?" he shakes his head no. "yes you do, that's aunt mia." rachel tells him. "really?" i nod and he hugs me. "sam." "rachel." they awkwardly hug and i stifle a laugh. "okay, we gotta get going. we have about 45 minutes to get to the lawyer's office and there's no telling what the traffic will be like." they nod and we all exit the airport, sam puts their things in the trunk and rachel buckles sammy into his carseat. "everyone ready?" i ask as sam climbs in the backseat. "let's go get my baby girl back!" sam excitedly shouts in my ear. "i'll take that as a yes." i cover my ear and rachel laughs. i pull off and head to sam's lawyer's office. thanks to traffic, we ultimately made it there at 3:05 and stassie and her lawyer have yet to show up. "alright, so how this is going to go is, sam and i will sit at this table, anastasia and her lawyer will sit at the other, and the rest of you will be sitting behind us on his side. we've got no clue if she has any character witnesses, but due to lack of caring she probably doesn't." sam's attorney, mr. warren, explains and we all nod, taking our seats. "so, you're the oldest's mother, correct?" he asks rachel and she nods. "and where's nina?" he asks sam. "she said she'd be here, she's probably stuck in traffic." he responds. "she's the mother of the youngest, landon?" mr. warren double checks and sam nods. "and mia's just the best friend, right?" "yeah, she's married to my best friend nate." sam responds. "so is she your best friend or your best friend's wife?" he asks in confusion. "both. i grew up with her, and i'm the reason they met and got married." sam explains. "so she's known you for your whole life, that helps a lot actually." the door opens and in walks stassie and her lawyer. rachel mean mugs the fuck out of her and stassie just gives her the finger. "what's going on with you two? you don't even know each other." i furrow my eyebrows and rachel shrugs, not taking her eyes off of stassie. "she's so fake, how was sam ever with her?" she asks, completely ignoring what i said to her. "i asked myself the same thing every day they were together. why though, are you jealous?" "yeah, right. i'm just saying, she's fake. when sam left nebraska, he left me. and for what? for her, a wannabe kardashian?" i sense hurt in her words. "no, rachel. he left nebraska for his career. and malibu barbie over there was just, something to occupy him." "what was nina to him, then?" she asks. "now nina, she's different. you guys are a lot alike, i think you'll like her." at that, nina walks into the small court room. "hey, sorry we're late. did i miss anything?" nina whispers as she sits on the other side of me and puts landon on her lap. "no, stassie and her lawyer just got here." i respond and she nods. "hi, you must be rachel. i'm nina." she reaches her hand out and rachel shakes it, "it's nice to meet you, it's unfortunate that it's under these circumstances." stassie looks over and shoots us all a glare. "glad i don't have to meet that one." rachel gestures to stassie and nina lets out a small, quiet laugh, "it's not pleasant, trust me." "i'll take your word for it." rachel quips.

Song-------> Ride Wit Me- Skate ft. Jack J