《17》

"good morning, my love." i smile as nate walks into the kitchen where i'm sitting with rachel, drinking a cup of coffee. "good morning, baby." he mumbles tiredly, kissing my forehead before walking over to the fridge. "where's sam?" he asks as he grabs the bottle of orange juice and closes the refrigerator door. "still asleep upstairs. all three of the kids are sprawled out on his bed and he's on the floor so i'm guessing he didn't get much sleep last night." rachel states and i can't help laughing. "what were you doing in sam's room?" nate smirks. "when i went to sleep last night, sammy was in bed with me but when i woke up he wasn't, so i came downstairs to see if one of you guys maybe got him out of bed or something, but no one was awake yet so i checked sam's room. i guess he climbed into bed with him sometime last night or this morning. it was nothing like that." she explains. "but you want it to be like that, right?" she just looks down at her cup like it's the most interesting thing in the world and nate turns to me, "does she baby?" "yes." i admit, nodding my head. "mia!" rachel shrieks, looking over at me like i had just killed someone. "what? we tell each other everything." i shrug. "and even if we didn't, we know each other like the back of our hands. i'd be able to tell if she was lying in an instant." he tells her before opening the orange juice and drinking out of the bottle. "babe, can you not?" "what?" he asks in confusion. "drink out of the bottle." i respond, gesturing to the orange juice. "why?" "because other people drink it too and not everyone wants your germs." "my house, my orange juice." he shrugs before drinking it again. sam comes downstairs with all three kids hanging off of him, "someone wanna help me out? my kids think they're monkeys." i laugh as i stand up and grab sammy off his back, "come on, monkey. let's get you guys some breakfast and let your daddy wake up, hm?" "what's up, little man?" nate smiles at landon as he grabs him from sam. damn, i can't wait for the next 9 months to fly by. just thinking about watching nate interact with our kid overwhelms me with happiness. "mia, hello?" nate waves his hand in front of my face, breaking me out of my thoughts. "huh?" "i've been saying baby for the last 30 seconds and you were just staring at me with a creepy smile." "i bet 50 bucks i can tell you why she spaced out." rachel lets out. "how about i keep my money and tell you that i already know?" nate suggests. "what is it, then?" "our baby. i already told you, we know each other. better than anyone." i smile and walk over to him, giving him a sweet kiss, "i love you." "i love you too baby." "you guys suck." rachel groans. "she's pretty good at it." nate smirks and i slap his arm, "there are kids around!" "yeah, nasty ass." rachel adds, making a disgusted face. "don't talk about my husband like that." i playfully glare at her, though if it were anyone else that hadn't known him for a long ass time, i would've punched her. "you're nasty too! that's why y'all are perfect for each other." sam points out. "although i agree with the fact that we're perfect for each other, i don't share your opinion on my wife." "obviously, otherwise you wouldn't have married her." rachel snorts. "maybe i would have, you don't know." he retorts. "he would have. the first time that he ever saw her, he was like a lovestruck puppy." sam responds. "i want that." rachel gestures to us, stealing a quick glance at sam. i check the time and quickly stand up, rushing to clean up the kitchen. "where's the fire?" sam laughs. "i have to clean the whole house before i go pick up my mom and nora at the airport in 2 hours." "they're coming in today? i thought they were coming tomorrow." nate states in confusion. "yeah, well, mom texted me last night and told me that the flight got moved up and they'd be here today instead." i explain as i wipe down the counter and he grabs my shoulders, making me turn to look at him. "baby, calm down. you don't need to do everything." "yes i do. there's still so much shit to do between today and tomorrow when everyone will be here. you do realize that tomorrow is christmas eve, right?" "i think what he means is that you don't need to stress out about this. or anything for that matter. i'll take care of it, okay?" i shake my head at rachel, "no, not okay. you're here to spend time with sam and sammy." "well, now i'm also here to make things easier on you. let me help." "she's right, mia. you know how hard it was for you to even get pregnant, you can't take any risks." sam adds. "but-" "but nothing. why don't you feed the kids and let us clean the house? there's not much to do anyway." rachel suggests. i look at the three of them and see they're not backing down, "i don't even see what the big deal is, i'm perfectly capable of doing it." "capable, yes. but not capable of doing it without stressing out because you're a perfectionist." sam tells me. "no i'm not. i just want everything done perfectly because christmas is the most important family holiday." "you just proved his point, baby." nate kisses my head and forces me to sit down. "just feed landon and let us do the rest. that's an order." i laugh and he smiles at me. "whatever you say, daddy." "god you guys are weird." "shut up rachel." we reply in sync. "you know how you told me last week that i needed to bend mia over and fuck the attitude out of her?" nate asks sam. "yeah? why?" he laughs. "i just thought you should know rachel wants you to bend her over."