《22》

"so, probably only kylie will show up, huh?" nate asks as he looks around our house which is filled with the entire kardashian-jenner clan. "i didn't think reality tv's first family would actually spend their time coming to our house for addie if i'm being honest." "i kind of had a feeling this would happen." he admits. i glance around my living room and my eyes land on kylie and travis walking over to nate and i. "babe, they're walking over here." i turn to him nervously. "i see that. turn around." he nods. "um, hey," kylie greets, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "travis and i just wanted to say thank you for letting us bring stormi to see addie. stassie's told me you guys have helped her and sam a lot with her." "well, we try our best. we love addie, her brothers, and sam so much." i smile. "also, i know that it's none of my business but stassie mentioned that you guys are having trouble getting pregnant?" why is stassie telling kylie jenner about that? more importantly, why does she care? "it's just that i know this great fertility doctor in calabassas and i don't know what i'd do without stormi...i can't imagine your pain of not being a mother. he's the best there is, i could set up a consultation for you guys if you want." she offers. "actually, um," i glance at nate before leaning in to whisper, "we just found out i'm pregnant. we haven't told anyone yet." "congratulations!" she smiles. "thank you. i'm so excited." i gush. "i'm excited for you." "welcome to fatherhood, man. it's one hell of a rollercoaster ride." travis tells nate as they shake hands. they're actually really nice people. "heyyyy." khloé walks up and joins the conversation, "don't mean to interrupt but i had to come meet our gracious hosts. this house is fucking gorgeous, by the way." "thank you." "she put a lot of thought into decorating it, i just paid for everything." nate kisses my cheek. "love the house, definitely love the people. you two are one hot ass married couple." i laugh and give her a smile, "i love your energy." "girl, same. when we walked in i told tristan, i was like i'm gonna make this girl my best friend. because i've never seen a place that is so me that's not mine, you know?" "definitely." i nod.

-

"well, that was intense." nate and sam let out simultaneous sighs of relief as they both fall back on the couch. "says the ones that spent the night talking to an nba star and kanye west." rachel laughs, shaking her head. "well, nate and travis got along so well i think i see a possible collab in the future." nate laughs and shakes his head, "baby, that's probably not going to happen. yeah, sure, he gave me some pointers for impending fatherhood and we agreed on a lot of musical aspects, but that doesn't mean we're going to the studio together any time soon." "well, i'm sure sam could get stassie to put in a good word, they were awfully friendly tonight." rachel responds, the distain evident in her voice. "i'm sensing a bit of jealousy, rach." "i'm not jealous!" she huffs. "and this is why i married the first and only girl i ever fell in love with." nate tells sam. "well, to be fair, you were in love with her before she even knew you existed. also i was a fuckboy, but having a daughter has changed that for me." "i'm sorry, sam, but you didn't change when addie was born. you are still a fuckboy, you're just a responsible father first now." i point out. "i haven't tried to hit on rachel once since she's been here, you gotta give me that." "hello, she wants you to hit on her!" nate shouts, causing rachel to blush and hide her face like a teenager. "rach, do you really still have feelings for me or are these two just being extra?" "what do you think? i haven't had a date since i pushed our son's big ass head out of my vagina." she huffs. "wow, so i'm three for three again." "i'm sorry?" she crosses her arms over her chest and gives him a rude look. "stass said she wanted to give having a family a shot and nina's feelings aren't perfectly clear but she might still have feelings for me too." he admits, "look, i know that was an insensitive comment and i'm sorry. i'm just surprised and dealing with a lot in that department. it's not like it's just a couple of girls that want to go on one date or anything, you're all the mothers of my children. at first, when you said you were coming to la, i was nervous to see you again and i was sure i wanted to try having a family with you because i loved you differently than nina and stass, but everything is so much more complicated than that. i can't just think about what i want, i have to think about the kids." rachel nods, but doesn't say anything in response. "well, uh, we're gonna head to bed now." i let out after a long moment of awkward silence, pulling nate with me as i spoke. "goodnight." sam and rachel both mutter as we walk down the hall. i make my way into the closet as nate strips down to his boxers and climbs into bed, "so, sam's got a lot of shit to think about." "yeah, and he thought dealing with all three of them at separate points in life was the hard part." i reply as i change into a big t-shirt to sleep in before getting into bed beside him, "you don't think there's a chance sam would choose stassie, do you?" "possibly." he shrugs. "i hope not. stassie and sam can't have a real, committed relationship with each other, and even if they could she would not treat addie and the boys the same and that's another thing sam has to consider when making this decision." "you're right, baby, you always are." nate smiles. "now, get some rest because we have an announcement to make tomorrow." "i hate that it didn't go as we planned tonight. stassie showing up just threw everyone for a loop so.."