7: The Peace Treaty

*

        TAYA's POV:

"Just one grand romantic declaration, was that really too much to ask?" I groaned as I threw my body lazily on Hallee's bed.

"All I wanted was for Blake to turn the car around, get out, and declare his undying love for me. I would've taken him back in a heartbeat!"

"What a stinkin' bastard! I still can't believe he left you on the side of the road just like that," Hallee followed suit.

"Well, maybe it was my fault. I was the one who told him to go and I was being a real bitch too," I shrugged.

"Still, how could he do that to a girl? Maybe we should tell RJ about this, so he can have a little talk with Blake?"

"And bring about World War III? I don't think so. Hals, you've promised you're not gonna tell anyone about this,"

"Ah, fine," she sighed in defeat.

After the fiasco that was my first date, I went over to Hallee's the next day and told her everything. Blake had been trying to reach me, but I kept ignoring his calls. I figured if he really wanted to talk to me, he would just come and see me. 

Sadly, he never did.

"It was a good thing you ran into Judah though. He got you home safe and sound," Hallee said again.

"Yeah..."

"Is there something going on between you and Judah?" she raised an eyebrow at me suddenly.

"What? No!"

"Are you sure? My love-radar seems to be detecting something," her eyes held a playful glint.

"Your love-radar sucks. And plus, I think he has a girlfriend. He was with a girl that night,"

"Aw," she said, sounding disappointed. "And speaking of Judah, did you talk to him about the play yet?"

"No, but I'll do it tomorrow,"

"You're coming to school tomorrow? You know the principal's making everyone go to that stupid homecoming game. You're gonna have to see Blake there,"

"It's fine, I can handle it," I said coolly.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I'd been ignoring his calls and messages all day and night. I got real good at it," I said reassuringly.

*

The dreaded Friday finally rolled along. I knew I told Hallee that it didn't bother me to have to see Blake at the game today, but obviously that was a lie. It bothered me a whole lot.

The homecoming game kicked off as the cheerleaders, Viviane amongst them, led in boisterous chants and did their routine. Hallee kept rolling her eyes at Viv as she danced and pranced around seductively, while Gabe's mouth fell open at the sight of Maddie.

"Give it up for the Red Raiders!" Viv announced through the megaphone and the crowd cheered louder.

"And give it up for our captain, Blake Harrison!"

"Blake! Blake! Blake!" the crowd began to chant.

I could only let out a deep, long sigh as Hallee gave me a sorry look.

By halftime, I couldn't take it anymore. I mean, why did people have to chant the quarterback's name every five seconds of the game?