48: The Golden State

*

JUDAH's POV:

"If you just want some cake, you could've just told me. Don't have to kidnap me all the way to the other side of town," I said playfully as I followed her deeper into the woods.

"Ha-ha, very funny," she ignored me and just kept on walking.

"Seriously, what the hell are we doing here?"

After a good mile or so, we finally arrived at the waterfall. The same one that we went to after the homecoming dance. We got a little drunk and she and I went skinny-dipping. That was fun.

Maybe she's taking me here to finish what we started before...

"Well, we're gonna be leaving Kauai in just a week. But there's still a few things I wanna do before I go, so..." she started.

"You wanna do it with me in the waterfall?" I blurted.

"Judah! No!" she gaped.

"Honestly, I wouldn't mind," I smirked and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Keep rolling those pretty eyes, and I'mma show you something that'll roll your eyes so far back..."

"Judah!" she pleaded for me to stop, and of course I noticed the hint of red on her cheeks.

"Okay, okay, so what are we doing here?" I said finally.

She bit her lip and cocked her head to the side, pausing for a few seconds before saying, "Just follow me,"

She then turned to her heels, racing over to the rocks by the waterfall. I followed her cautiously from behind, waiting for her next move. She stopped for a minute as she stared up at the wall of rocks in front of her, debating on what to do. I never thought she had it in her, but suddenly her hands reached up and she propelled herself off the ground, holding onto the rocks.

"Whoa, what are you doing?"

"Come on," she said breathlessly. She was slowly and cautiously making her way up the waterfall.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I quickly followed after her. I was able to jump higher and climb faster, and I reached the top within seconds.

"I thought you're scared of heights?" I said as I looked down, giving my hand out to her.

"I am, which is exactly why I'm doing this with you," she said as she took my hand and I pulled her up.

"Doing what exactly?"

We stood tall on the edge of the waterfall. The sound of water rushing below and the cold air sent chills to my bone.

Meanwhile, Taya wasn't answering me, and a playful smile crept up her face as her hand reached for the strap of her dress. The next thing I know, the little dress was already thrown on the ground, and she was smirking at me.

I was still trying to process everything, when she already reached for my shirt and she was pulling it up, forcefully.

"Whoa, not even a dinner and a movie first?" I said as my shirt was thrown to the ground, exposing my skin to the cold air.

"Ah, shush," she rolled her eyes again, and of course I noticed her checking me out before she looked away.

"What are we doing now, seriously?"

"We're jumping down," she said with a glint in her eyes, "Together,"

"Say what?"

"I'm facing my fears, Judah. And I wanna do it with you,"