32: The Blind Spot

*

     JUDAH's POV:

I had never been this angry in my life. Both angry and scared, actually.

"Easy man, easy," Max's hand fell off in an instant as he stood up, "I ain't gonna do nothing. The girl's lost and I was just trynna help her out, is all,"

Max was slurring his words, a sign that he was trashed. I shot a look over at Blondie, who was staggering to get up, and her eyes showed that she was scared for her life.

"He's lying," Blondie retorted.

She wanted to appear strong, but she was trembling a little. The sight of that broke my heart, it really did. So without a second thought, my fists went flying as I grabbed Max by his collar.

"Woah, you need to chill," Max snorted.

"Get behind me," I said through gritted teeth as my eyes met Blondie's.

She heard me loud and clear, but she was hesitating to move. Why the fuck was she hesitating?

"No, I can take care of myself, thank you very much," she said suddenly and Max broke out in laughter.

She's still mad at me, obviously. But this ain't the time for that. Max is a dangerous guy, she should know better.

"I'm not fucking asking you right now," I shouted and Blondie flinched at my reaction.

"Hey, where do you think you're going princess?" Max put both his arms out just as Blondie was about to move past him.

"Don't you fucking touch her!" I tightened my grip around Max's neck, pulling him slightly over to me and away from Blondie.

"You better get your hand off me," he shoved my hand away, but I was quick to grab him again, pinning him back against the hard brick walls.

"Yo, I wasn't doing nothing to her. She was the one that came onto me," the smug smile on Max's face faltered, he was irritated now. His hand started smacking mine in order for me to let him go, but I wasn't giving into his requests.

"I'm not asking you J, this is an order. I'm ordering you to take your fucking hands off me!" Max's eyes widened in anger as his fists clawed into my hands.

"Blondie, take my bike and get outta here," I ordered, my head nodding to the bike behind me. The engine was still running and the keys were in there. Let's just hope Blondie knows how to ride one.

"The fuck is wrong with you man? You makin' me look bad right now in front of the pretty lady. Y'all need to chill," Max tried to play dumb, but he ain't fooling nobody. I knew what he was gonna do if I wasn't around.

"Blondie, you deaf? Get the fuck outta here," I was practically screaming at her as she stood there frozen in shock.

"You realize what you doin' right now? You work for me and you're defying orders. The moment she leaves, you're dead meat," Max's voice was low and threatening. He wasn't kidding around about this.

Blondie probably realized it too and she hesitated even more.

"Blondie, get on the bike and go," I said again, my voice was calm but my tone dropped an octave lower.

"But Judah..."

"Go, I'll be fine,"

"Shit man, are we really doing this right now?" Max scoffed, trying his best to look like a victim, "Bro, I'm your best friend. And you're choosing some whore that fucked and ditched your ass over me?"