Chapter 17 (Dysphoria warning)

2d rolled his eyes looking at Murdoc quizzically. "You really expect me to wear this?" He scoffed, shifting his weight to his hip. "Yesss! Oh come on, it was on sale and I bought it for someone, just lemme see! You're cleaning the house anyways right?" Murdoc asked. 2d stuck his tongue out childishly and cocked his head to the side. "Why did you buy this anyways?" 2d asked accusingly. "Well, Noodle was originally gonna wear it but it was too big for her, and you're the second tallest so why not?" 2d examined the costume he held in his arms. It was one of those maid costumes, really anime-like you know? "How cliché." He muttered "Oh come on, don't let my 30 bucks go to waste on such a lovely costume!" He clicked his tongue before 2d began walking to his bathroom. "Fine, jesus. NO PICTURES!" He barked, closing the door. Murdoc smiled triumphantly, glad he didn't completely waste his money. It was around 1 in the morning, and they had been sitting on the couch when Murdoc remembered he had it in his backpack. Neither of them were tired, so 2d decided to get a start cleaning. Murdoc was going to help of course, he was spending the night after all, though he couldn't stand the smell of bleach. So, he'd just do the dishes or something that didn't involve gross chemicals. He listened to a string of curses fly from 2ds mouth and smiled. My little sailor. Murdoc thought, loving the idea of 2d in a sailors costume. Oh how he'd love to play dress up with him one of these days...His imagination ran wild as 2d stepped out from the bathroom a deep shade of red plastered across his face and ears. "Are you happy now?" He asked, stomping over. Murdoc turned and looked at him, a wicked smile on his face. "Depends." He laughed, drawing out the s. He looked drop dead adorable in those stockings. He rolled his eyes and grabbed Murdocs arm impatiently. "Up, I put it on, now you're cleaning." He instructed, pulling him toward the kitchen. "Awwww, no fun." Murdoc whined as 2d dusted the front of his skirt off. "Brush your teeth while you're at it, you smell like cigs." He hollered as he grabbed his cleaning shit and walked upstairs to start on his room. Murdoc sighed at the buzzkill. "I'll have to get him later..." Murdoc mumbled to himself, walking over to the sink and starting the water. He shifted in his place as he adjusted his binder, taking a deep breath and stretching his arms. How long had he been wearing it? Oh Satan. He sighed, feeling the sharp stabbing pain in his ribs. It's not like he could take it off, 2d would notice...unless...He turned off the tap water and threw a couple dishes in the sink. He considered his options, but the pain soon grew unbearable and he knew he had to take it off unless he wanted a concaved ribcage. He dried his hands on a dish towel and walked over to his backpack in the living room. He dug through it, and pulled out one of his hoodies, a rare item of clothing in his closet. It was the only one he owned, and he brought it with him everywhere in case a situation like this popped up. It was plain black, so it hid every unwanted curve. He took it into the kitchen and made sure 2d wasn't coming down the stairs before he took his shirt and binder off. He put his shirt back on, then the hoodie and sighed as the pain in his side slowly faded. He put the binder into his backpack and zipped it up before going back to the sink. He scrubbed at the dishes for what seemed like hours. "Sweet Satan, how can there be so many dishes when he barely even eats?" Murdoc wondered aloud. Soon enough he heard thumping coming down the stairs and 2d popped his head inside the kitchen. "How's it going?" He asked, walking over the fridge. "Good, what have you got done?" Murdoc asked as he dried the last of the dishes. "Mmmm, I got my room and the upstairs bathroom done." He admitted, taking out an energy drink and taking a long drink. Murdoc nodded, walking over to him. 2d set the drink on the counter as Murdoc wrapped his arms lovingly around 2ds skirt. "What's with the hoodie?" 2d hummed. It had just donned on him he'd never seen him in a hoodie before. Murdoc rocked them back and fourth on their feet gently. "Cold." He answered shortly, getting on his tip toes so he was at 2ds height. 2d smiled at his shorter counter part, and glanced down at him. "Shorty." 2d teased. Murdoc rolled his eyes. "Oh come off it, you're like an inch taller!" Murdoc debated, letting go of 2d and crossing his arms. 2d scratched his head confused. Why did his height bother him so bad? 2d poked his cheek and noticed Murdocs discomfort. "Hey Mudzie, are you feeling alright?" he asked. Murdoc sighed. "No...I feel sick." Murdoc said honestly. "Hey, do you want to sleep in my bed?" He offered. He would've said no if he didn't feel like he was gonna die. "Ok...thank you love." He said slowly, walking up the stairs. 2d followed and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Sleep well." 2d smiled. Murdoc smiled back and walked into 2ds room. Holy shit it was clean. No laundry piles to step over? What a bonus. He stretched , sitting on the edge of 2ds bed. He felt himself lay down before he knew what was happening, and he soon fell into a deep sleep.

2d smiled to himself, humming lightly as he cleaned the living room. Letting Murdoc sleep in his bed was the least he could do, he was probably such a bother. He sighed picking up a few empty soda cans from in front of the couch. Why was he so lovey-dovey to him anyways? What were they? He wanted to say they were together but...He didn't know. It was all complicated...He was so thankful but frustrated. He was sending all kinds of mixed signals. Maybe I'm just his fuck buddy. Maybe not. He sighed, not even realizing he had been staring at Murdocs backpack the entire time. He gently lifted it up, and was beginning to take it near the door when something buzzed in the pocket. He stopped in place and slowly examined the bag. He clutched the handle tightly, battling with himself on what he should do. I can't touch it, that's so wrong! But...I'm so curious...He thought. He slowly reached into the pocket and took his phone out. He turned it on and looked at the text displayed on the screen. It was from his brother, Hannibal. He read the text once, twice, three times, before he could even begin to unpack it.

Hannibal

Marcie, where are you?

He slowly slid the phone back into the pocket, dangerously setting the backpack by the door. Who the hell was Marcie? Suddenly it all seemed to click into place, but...incorrectly. 2d assumed she was some girl who used Murdocs phone, someone who Murdoc had been messing around with. "Of course...." He mumbled, turning away from the bag. He had been so stupid to ever think he was the only one. 2d didn't even consider the similarities of Marcie and Murdoc as he sat down, lost, on his couch.

I hate him.

(Aaaa, hey guys! Sorry for a dramatic chapter, hope you enjoyed nonetheless. Just in case you were wondering, I made Murdoc trans because theres like, no representation for trans people? Sorry if you don't like it, but everybody and their struggles needs representation. Anyways, thank you for reaading, byee!)