Wake Up

After he sent Jamie off, Magnus wandered the long hallways, pondering what the upcoming conversation with Julian would sound like. When he reached Julian's door, the last one on the third floor and furthest from everyone else's, he knocked three times. There was no answer, so he knocked again and opened the door. "Julian?" Magnus called out, looking around the room.

Julian was asleep on his bed. He had been so exhausted, he hadn't changed out of his gear or made it under the covers. "Julian." Magnus called out again, but the boy continued to lay, motionless. Magnus placed his hand on Julian's shoulder and shook him lightly, calling his name on last time. Julian jerked and finally opened his eyes.

Slowly, Julian groaned and sat up. He rubbed his eyes, trying to erase the tiredness. "Did she wake up?" He asked.

"No, because I didn't promise to wake you when she did, did I" Magnus responded.

"How is she?" Julian spoke with no patience for Magnus' sarcasm.

"She's fine, but we do need to talk."

"What happened? Is she..." Julian jumped out of the bed and almost ran out of the room.

"Julian, wait. As I just said, she's fine. And she will be, but we need to get her out of New York." Magnus spoke quickly.

"What?"

"Asmodeus knows she is here, and he will continue to attack until he finds her. It's not safe for Jamie to stay here, so you will be taking her to LA."

"But Magnus... My family is there. Her powers are not under control. You know what could happen."

"Which is why you'll be continuing her training, Diana will help with her schooling, and I'll portal in from time to time to help her manage her powers."

"What do Jace and Clary have to say about it? Shouldn't I stay to help with the investigation?"

"They're the ones who thought it up. Alec unsurprisingly doesn't like the idea, but we all agree that it needs to happen." Julian scratched at the scruff on his cheeks. "You know how to care for her in ways that no one else does. She trusts you, Julian."

"It scares me, Magnus. What if something does happen? What if I can't handle it?"

"You care about her, don't you? Maybe more than just a friend?" Julian nodded. "I've seen how you are with her. How you train her, how you talk and reason with her. I've seen her go into full blown panics and bring herself out of it when you enter the room. I've seen how she's better with you. Believe me, I would not allow my sister to leave if I didn't know she would be with someone who cares about her and can take care of her." Magnus waited for a response, but none came. "And if you ever need anything, we're only a phone call away." Magnus still didn't receive a response. He placed a hand on Julian's shoulder. "Okay?"

"Yeah, okay." Julian hugged Magnus. "Thank you."

"Of course. Get packing. You'll leave tonight."