4 ⠸ending drizzle

8:58 pm

8:58 pm.

johnny was just about done with his project, and as if mirroring his progress, the sound of rain pattering outside his window had also started to slow and fade away.

it was getting a little stuffy, so johnny proceeded to pull back his curtains and open the window, to let in some fresh air.

johnny was greeted with a cooling after-rain breeze that calmed his senses.

always good to know that the rain's ending.

then johnny remembered the boy in the rain.

he didn't remember seeing him on sunday, well mainly because he was too caught up with running home when it started pouring.

and he knewㅡ once the rain ends, the boy would be gone.

so johnny's gaze swept across the view in front of him, searching for the familiar figure.

it was difficult, as it was nighttime and lighting was dim. it took him some time, but he managed to pick out the boy from the dark backdrop of the park.

he was under a streetlamp, its soft yellow light illuminating both the diminishing raindrops and the boy standing under them.

johnny blinked in surprise.

the boy was facing his direction this time.

no, correction. the boy was looking at him. directly in the eye.

it wasn't creepy, no. it just felt strangely calming to johnny, as if the boy's gaze could make the chaotic, noisy world around them pause and go silent.

the boy's dark catlike eyes were sad, but full of curiosityㅡ and something else johnny couldn't pinpoint.

and his faceㅡ it wasn't clear, but just looking at the shadows cast on his features by the lamplight, johnny felt his jaw go slack in awe.

he was so beautiful.

the dark strands of hair stuck to the boy's face didn't make him any less attractive. his features seemed sharp yet soft, and it all looked so delicate and pretty that johnny started questioning himself whether the boy was even real.

johnny couldn't tell how long they'd been staring at each other, but when the boy finally looked away, johnny knew that it was time for him to go.

the drizzle had ended.

ok i said real soon but i realised there's still like one more chapter before they actually meet oof

pAtiEnCe is a viRtuE.

anyway have a great week ahead and if you're having exams or tests all the best !! even if you're not,, slay whatever you have to do !!! yall can do it ♡♡♡

yx :3