12 ⠸what happened ?

3:46 pm

3:46 pm.

only two days after ten had gotten sick, johnny found him in the rain again.

even though ten had never told him why he stood in the rain, johnny had a feeling that it wasn't a good reason.

worried that something might have happened, johnny rushed downstairs.

"ten !"

the said boy didn't even move.

this made johnny even more worried, "ten, did something happen ?"

the taller walked infront of ten, putting the umbrella over him and trying to get his attention, "ten ?"

when the boy looked up, johnny saw his dark eyes glisten. it might only be rainwater, but johnny wasn't so sure.

"talk to me, please...?" johnny pleaded the smaller, gently placing his hand on his shoulder.

ten shrank away from the touch and looked away, "d-don't touch me !"

johnny flinched at ten's sudden outburst, and took a step back. ten wrapped his arms around himself, breathing heavily. johnny stared at him with a mix of confusion and shock.

a look of regret washed over ten's features as he calmed down a little before saying, "s-sorry, just... go. you shouldn't be seeing me likeㅡ like this."

johnny felt his heart shatter. he couldn't find the right words to say, but he knew that he needed to know what was going on.

"ten, please. tell me what happened."

the boy only shook his head.

"then at least tell me how i can help," johnny took a step forward slowly.

"y-you can't," ten cried out, "there's nothing you can do !"

before johnny could say anything, the smaller boy covered hid face with his hands, pained sobs coming from behind them.

johnny dropped his umbrella and wrapped his arms tightly around the distraught boy, placing a hand behind the smaller's head and letting ten cry into the his chest.

johnny picked ten up carefully as the younger collapsed, exhausted, in his arms. johnny carried ten to the pavilion and sat down while cradling the smaller against him like a small child.

the taller patted ten's head gently and muttered comforting words lowly to him, "shh...shh... its okay now. i'm here, you're going to be fine."

the younger was calmer now, and opened his eyes to meet johnny's, gratitude evident on his tear-stained face, "i'm so sorry..."

"shush, there's nothing to apologise for," johnny replied surely, and upon realising that ten's eyelids were drooping, "hey hey, don't fall asleep on me now."

ten's eyes opened again, and this time, the boy had a weak smile on his face, "why ? am i that heavy ?" the thai croaked out.

johnny chuckled, "look, i'm no hero. the lift's still broken, and if this keeps up i think my back's gonna break too."

ten laughed airily, "okay, i don't wanna be responsible for your back injuries."

and with that, the boy sat up.

"careful," johnny nagged.

"you're not my dad," ten shot back, as he stood up.

"hmm ?" johnny wriggled his eyebrows.

a look of realisation spread over ten's features as he figured what johnny was thinking about, "ew, shut up."

"i didn't even say anything !" johnny laughed, extending a hand out for ten to take as they stepped out of the pavilion.

instead of taking johnny's hand, ten picked up the red umbrella abandoned on the ground and placed it into johnny's outstretched hand, smirking, "getting real touchy aren't we ?"

johnnyㅡ knowing too well that ten just liked acting toughㅡ only shrugged with a passive grin on his face.

he and ten continued walking side by side, but to where, johnny had no idea.

"do you want to go back with me again ? we can have dinner too," johnny offered pleasantly.

with their shoulders bumping and hands brushing lightly against each other, ten smoothly slid his hand into johnny's, not that the older minded. curling his fingers around the younger's, he just found ten adorable for pretending he didn't want skinship.

ten tilted his head to the side, "hmm. that depends. what's for dinner ?"

"pizza," johnny announced, winking.

ten grinned, "i'm in."

johnny laughed, "great ! let's gooo."

he pulled ten along as they raced back to his apartment, both giggling at how drenched they were.

however, johnny felt the weight placed on his heart the moment he saw ten cry. he needed to know what happened to the boy he had grown fond of.

:000

sorry for being dead on here this holiday D: and damn this story is longer than i planned it to be oof they haven't even kissed yet 🤧🤧

but they will soon enough, so stay tuned for more johnten action my dudes 😔✊🏼

| yx :>