15 ⠸trust me

10:12am

10:12am.

when johnny woke up and found his arms around ten, with the younger snuggled into his chest, a faint smile spread on his face.

warmth pooled in johnny's heart as he watched the smaller boy sleep, curled up against him. deciding that he should make breakfast, johnny gently lifted his arms off of ten, making sure not to wake the boy.

"you don't seem like an early riser," said an amused, slightly cracked voice.

johnny froze, then smiled sheepishly, "sorry that i woke you up. i was going to make breakfast."

ten smiled back, getting up, "it's okay. i wanna help."

"it's fine, really. you should get more sleep," johnny replied, smoothening the younger's messy hair affectionately.

ten caught johnny's hand, "i'm helping."

laughing softly at ten's resolve with helping him make breakfast, johnny tightened his grip on the smaller's hand and pulled him up from the bed, "alright alright, let's go wash up first."

when they were done with their morning routine, johnny started rummaging around his kitchen.

"what're you looking for ?" ten asked, watching him go through multiple drawers.

"uh... pancake mix," came johnny's muffled reply, his head hidden behind a cupboard door.

"i'll go heat up the pan then," ten said, moving to where the stove was.

the older gave a sound of approval and continued his search.

after ten placed the pan on the stove, johnny shouted a triumphant 'found it !' and brought the pancake mixture to the kitchen counter.

"you don't really cook, do you ?" ten questioned, holding in a smile at how messed up johnny was when it came to the kitchen.

the taller scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "uh not really. but when i do, the food's edible, i swear."

ten giggled, opening the mixture and pouring it into a bowl, "right."

"why do you sound so unconvinced," johnny pouted, "i'm hurt."

"aw no, i'm just judging by how chaotic your kitchen is," ten replied, adding water to the bowl, "and how you're just standing here watching me cook when you're the one who wanted to make breakfast."

"ah ! sorry," johnny scratched his neck again, "you just looked like you didn't need help."

"well i'm supposed to be the one helping," ten raised an eyebrow.

"okay okay you can take a break, i'll handle this," johnny reached for the mixing bowl.

ten moved it away from the taller's grasp with a suspicious look on his face, "can i trust you with this ?"

johnny rolled his eyes, "yeah. i'm not so hopeless at cooking, don't worry."

"oh yes, i am worried that i'll starve this morning," ten replied, smirking at how flustered johnny was at his comments. how much johnny cared about his opinions.

but when the man pouted again, ten couldn't help but hand the bowl over to him, "god, stop pouting like that. i don't think i can ever say no to you anymore."

"then don't," johnny grinned, glad that his pouting worked, "you need to trust me, ten."

johnny felt a pair of arms snake around his waist from behind, "i already do," ten whispered, snuggling his face in the back of the taller's shirt, "so much."

this made johnny want to drop everything and just sweep ten off his feet, and shower him with all the kisses and love he deserves.

johnny put the food down and turned around, placing a soft kiss on the smaller's forehead, "you're so adorable when you show affection," he chuckled, "it's so rare that it's like a pleasant surprise everytime you do little things like this."

"ugh, i shouldn't have said that," ten punched johnny in the chest lightly, scowling at the older's corny words.

"oh come on, you were so damn cute like, ten seconds ago !" johnny threw his hands over his head in exasperation.

ten laughed, partially because of the pun, and also because he found johnny's antics amusing, and cute.

"you still love me, either way," ten grinned.

"unfortunately, i do," johnny said in fake disappointment as he started pouring the pancake mixture into the pan, "do you want any shapes for your pancakes ?"

"shapes ?" ten thought for a second, before smirking, "you."

johnny turned around, making a lenny face, "so you wanna eat me ?"

"cause you're a snack," ten pointed finger guns at the taller, mirroring his expression.

the both of them burst into laughter.

johnny wiped a fake tear from the corner of his eye, "damn, is this what feels like when you find your soulmate ?"

"i don't know about soulmates, but we're meant to be, no doubt," ten winked.

"same thing," johnny shrugged, smiling from ear to ear. he was glad that ten was finally opening up to him more, and letting his soft and funny side take over.

the smell of pancakes cooking snapped johnny back to reality, "okay for real, tell me what shape you want, or you'll be getting penis pancakes for breakfast."

"i'd like that," ten wiggled his eyebrows.

johnny looked at him incredulously.

"what ? i meant it," ten replied matter-of-factly.

"aight, penis pancakes coming right up," johnny sing-songed, while pouring the mixture in the shape of the genital, making both of them screech in laughter when they saw the final product.

the two designed a few other (not so family friendly) shapes for johnny's pancakes before finally sitting down at the tiny dining table with maple syrup and some butter.

ten threw a penis pancake onto johnny's plate, "hah, eat a dick."

"ew, that's so hetero," johnny grimaced at the joke.

ten shrugged, "can't ever make a dick joke without sounding straight."

the two of them laughed and ate their pancakes, making small talk along the way, each enjoying the comforting presence of the other.

i was this 👌🏼 close to naming this chapter 'penis pancakes'

(totally didn't come up with the idea based on what my friends and i do while making pancakes on our own)

anyway iM FINALLY BACK ON THIS FIC OMFG i'm so so so sorry for taking months to update this ;-;;-;-;-;; i literally needed to read the previous few chapters again to continue writing lmfao do people even read this anymore

i hope yall enjoyed the fluff and stuff tho uwu

if you need anyone to talk to about anything at all, i'm here :> so just drop a dm ♡ besides i'm always open to making more friends and getting to know you guys more uwu

have a great day/night, stay healthy and safe ! ♡

| yx :>