18 ⠸the truth

3:13 am

3:13 am.

"it's alright, take your time," johnny took ten's smaller hand in his, entwining their fingers together as the younger leaned against his shoulder on the couch, snuggling closer to him.

there was a small moment of silence as ten sorted out his thoughts for what he was about to say.

"johnny," ten said in a small voice, signaling that he was ready to talk.

the older hummed in response, telling him to continue.

"when i came here from seoul, i had nothing. i didn't have much money, a job, or even a place to stay," ten explained, "i tried going around to find some source of income, but nobody wanted me. even when i was accepted for the job, it wouldn't last longer than a few weeks cause i kept messing up."

"i then applied to be a performer at a club as a last resort. dance seemed to be the only thing i can do, anyway," ten continued bitterly, "i auditioned and the club owner seemed to like me a lot so i got the job pretty quickly. i was even offered to stay with my employer once he found out about my situation."

"and at the state i was in, i couldn't decline such an offer. but over time, my employer started changing his attitude towards me. he started making me work hours overtime till late everyday, and when i refused to, or couldn't because i was too tired, he would drag me out and lock me in that... that p-place you found me in today," ten began to tense up as he said this.

johnny ran his thumb gently over the smaller boy's hand, and it comforted him enough for him to continue, "i-i tried to fight back on my own, but i couldn't. i couldn't say shit, cause my employer is the reason why i'm still alive in the first place. now you know why i can't afford to lose this job."

"i'm always in the rain cause i would stand under it and let everything outㅡmy thoughts, my emotions, my tears. the rain just washes everything away and it would be like nothing ever happened, like i wasn't such a coward for not standing up for myself. like i wasn't so fucking weak for breaking down so easily."

tears ran down ten's face, and johnny realised the younger wasn't scared, neither was he wallowing in self-pity. those were tears of frustration and anger. ten was angry at himself.

shaking his head, johnny turned around to face the smaller boy and looked directly into his eyes, "ten listen. you're not weak. okay ? you're the strongest person i've ever known, and i would never think of you as a coward. you've been through so much, and you don't ever deserve to live like this."

ten only shook his head and buried his face in johnny's neck, seemingly ashamed to be caught crying.

"hey, it's okay to cry," johnny whispered as he ran a gentle hand through ten's dark locks, "let it all out, it's okay."

the boy curled up against johnny, grasping onto the taller's shirt, anguished sobs wracking his small frame as he let his pent up emotionsㅡeverythingㅡgo.

johnny knew this was what ten really needed right now. he knew it was the first step to releasing ten from the tough persona he had put up to push everyone away from him.

all johnny wanted was to help him through this, to never let him endure everything alone again.

hi i'm finally back jdjsjsks sorry for the long wait,, i know schools out and stuff but like your local ff author just ain't in the mood yknow 😔👊🏼 but here's your (really short) update pls accept my apology 🥺🤲🏼

have have fun, stay safe and rest well during your break ily ♡

| yx :>