5 ⠸torrential tuesday

6:27 pm

6:27 pm.

just as johnny shut the door to his apartment behind him, a crack of thunder reverberated from outside.

johnny breathed a sigh of relief as he chucked off his shoes and went to close the windows. he was lucky to get home before the rain had started pouring down.

it was a torrential tuesday.

johnny plopped himself down onto his couch, his mind blank as he was tired out from work.

today he submitted his project to the higher-ups at the film company he was an intern at. he was supposed to be accepted as an official photographer once he had completed his apprenticeship course by the end of the year.

since he joined the company, johnny had been caught up with projects, in addition to daily training sessions.

he was hoping to at least have it easy this week, but to his dismay, his boss had tasked him with yet another project today.

since it had been raining recently, the project would surround the theme of rain.

johnny was well, stressed out. he hated having to take photos of things he didn't enjoy.

for example, the rain.

so johnny tried thinking of the aspects of it that he actually liked.

well, he liked it when the rain stops. the fresh icy breeze that came with it. the serene calm that followed. how the clouds part to make way for the sun, or even the moon and stars.

but it was all about the rain stopping, and not rain itself.

so what did he like when it rained ?

an image of the boy standing in the rain appeared in his mind.

for some reason johnny felt the stressful weight on his heart become a little lighter at the thought of the boy.

after the drizzle ended yesterday, johnny saw him disappear into the street behind his own.

johnny regretted not going downstairs to meet the boy face-to-face, and say something along the lines of "hey you're kinda cute. what's your number ?" but he figured it would come out as weird.

besides, they've only ever seen each other from afar.

johnny suddenly remembered that it was raining. he snapped out of his thoughts and got up from the couch.

he made his way to the window and looked out towards the deserted park flooded with rainwater.

sure enough, standing in the pouring rain, was the boy with catlike eyes.

under the torrential rain, johnny wasn't sure, but he thought he saw a tiny smile light up the smaller boy's face when their eyes met.

and so he smiled back.

hmm they'll finally meet next chapter so double update today ? ;)

it's also to thank yall for 100 reads uwu and i hope you're having a great tuesday love yall ♡♡♡

yx :3