10 | broken

10 | BROKEN

The next day

The next day.
When Michael returned he was quite upset. He had informed Sybil mead was dead, but he had a solution to it. He wasn't quite sure if the solution would work, but, he had some hope. He was still confused as to what to do to accomplish his goal as the antichrist. He continued to tell Sybil about the Church of Satan he had ran into that led him to the two boys that were going to bring Mead back.

It was a lot of news to take in, but, Sybil really wasn't listening. She was far too excited to show Mila to him. "I have a resolution for all of our problems. Come with me." Sybil clasped her hands together.

Michael furrowed his brows at her, then proceeded to follow her to her bedroom— where Mila laid on the bed, fast asleep. "A miracle." Sybil whispered.

Michael cocked his head at the baby and could feel the dark energy radiating off of her. But, he instantly knew she wasn't part of his greater plan. She would slow him and Sybil down to accomplish their goals. "How?" He asked.

"I can draw energy from her, like I did from you back at the school." Sybil told, placing a soft hand on his chest.

Michael's lips twisted into an evil smile. "No." He simply stated, then flicked his wrist toward the baby and a faint snap could be heard. The soft breaths of Mila Sybil listened to  all throughout the night before had suddenly stopped. Sybil's heart dropped and she rushed to the baby's side. Her humanity had taken over her. She shrieked at the wickedness of Michael. How could he have done that to her? Hot tears began to stream down her face.

She was enraged. She turned around to Michael and screamed at him. "You bastard!" She balled her hands tightly and felt a strong energy pulsate out of her, shoving Michael to the wall and pinning him there. He was unfazed by her strength.

"That was the reason why she was here. To give you all this power, exploiting your weakness for strength." Michael told.

"How could you do this?!" She screamed at him, falling to her knees.

"Because you are the love of my life." His words made no sense to her in that moment, but soon enough they would. And at that moment, Michael's mind was clear for the first time and he knew what to do to take over the world.

❝Here lies the body of the
love of my life, whose
heart I broke without a
gun to my head.❞