14 | poison

14 | POISON

Michael continued his interviews while Sybil lounged around

Michael continued his interviews while Sybil lounged around. After Michael interview with Mallory, he rushed to Sybil's room to tell her all about it. "She's a witch. The bitches of that fucking coven managed to squeeze their way into our plans." Michael huffed.

"So she's here to kill us?" Sybil sat up in her chair.

"No. She doesn't know who she is. It's like they wiped her memory." Michael told.

"Maybe it's time for you to go speak to your father." Sybil suggested. Michael nodded solemnly and went back to the office he occupied for the interviews. Sybil knew not to intervene when he'd speak to his father because she had no relation whatsoever with Satan, and she wasn't planning on having one anytime soon either...

* * *

By nightfall, Mead and Venable managed to kill everyone except for Michael and Sybil through the use of poisoned apples. Poison. A woman's weapon. A weak one at that. Michael had spoken to his father through his bloody ritual and the two were discussing the fact that there were many witches still left in the world— including Cordelia. Satan himself had opened Michael's eyes to show him that he had not managed to kill all the pesky witches.

Their conversation what abruptly interrupted when another petty factor barged into what was now Michael office— Venable. She really believed she was the largest part of the apocalyptic scheme. When she was a mere decoration, a simple nuisance. "Ladies, I'm a little busy right now formulating my selection." Michael lied.

"This won't take long." Venable told.

Michael and Sybil turned around to face her in unison. Mead stood by her side with a gun in hand. "What's this?" Michael pretended to be in shock.

"We're making the selections now, Mr. Langdon. And I'm afraid you didn't make the cut." Venable attempted to speak menacingly.

Michael laughed at her. "I'm sorry, I wanted to let you have your moment, but I just couldn't hold it in."

"You think this is funny?" Venable rose her brows.

"I think I'm impressed, Ms. Venable. I wasn't sure you had it in you. You've passed the test. You're perfect for the Sanctuary." Michael stood before her.

"Ms. Mead." Venable instructed Mead to aim her gun at Michael.

"I wouldn't do that." Michael told then shot an ominous look to Mead. Mead slowly began to turn the gun to Venable instead of Michael. She was programmed for him and that included to keep him alive.

Mead then shot Venable in the chest. Venable collapsed to the ground. "Did you enjoy executing the poison apples plan as much as I enjoyed coming up with it?" Michael asked Mead.

"You did that? I thought the Venable bitch was just insane." Sybil asked. So much for trying not to intervene on Michael's plans. She seemed to get left out on some pieces of information.

"I've never been a fan of getting my hands dirty." Michael admitted, smiling.