Chapter 17

Cashton's POV:

     I'm happy she told me the story this soon, partly because I have always wanted to hear her voice, and because now, I might be able to get answers from her about her mysterious Uncle Pete. While slowly walking to the party, I asked which grandmother she lived with and she said it was her mother's mother. Her father's parents is the ones who had her father and uncle,  as well as the people who had the inheritance passed down.

     At them party, Katie talked. And at first,  they were shocked, but they got used to it soon enough, complimenting her on her voice. A little while later, after the party, my beta, gamma, their mates, and mine, as well as my parents gathered in my study where she and I both told her story. After that,  I asked her when she last saw Pete, and she said that he just vanished after her parents funeral.

     That almost confirmed both mine and my two trusted friends' suspicion. We stayed up later than we probably should have and it was around one before my friends and parents left. Afterward, I asked her where she would like to sleep. I had thought she said that she wanted her own room. That she wasn't ready. So I was a little surprised when her response was, "With you silly. I am your mate after all." To which I naturally replied with, "Damn straight." And drew her in for a hug and pressed a quick kiss to her lips.

     I was going to draw back when she drew me nearer and deapened the kiss. It was continuing to get heated so I drew back and said, "Are you ready?" She looked up at me and said, "I was ready as soon as I layed my eyes on you." "Well okay then." I said before pushing her into my room and closing the door, but not before marking her as my wolf had been begging me to do.

----------------

     As I lay in my bed with my sleeping mate tucked into me, I thought back to last night and I looked at her neck. It was perfect and healing nicely. Well, my wolf said, bout time we marked her. I hushed him and snuck out of bed to make her breakfast. While standing in the kitchen, I hear Katie walk in and slump at the table. I chuckled,  I knew she wasn't a morning person.

     Even if she did start talking,  she never talks in the mornings unless she is good and ready. Trying to convince her to talk sooner is like convincing a stump to sing. I lay her breakfast in front, and she automatically goes to the grapes and watermelon first. After breakfast, we get dressed, her in one of the outfits in her closet and me in just a plain black tee and jeans.

     I also didn't miss how she studied my mark and put her hair in a high ponytail,  and curling it. Making my mark stand out. When we were finished we climbed into my car and headed to school where one of my pack warriors had Katie's bag that I had asked them to retrieve from her house. She gave a nod of thanks before grabbing my hand and heading into the school. When we got inside she tried letting go, but I only tightened my grip not letting her go. She gave me a playful glare, and I responded with a smirk. My pack members were completely still amd silent admiring their new luna.

     Ya'll got class, I sent through the mindlink and that had the scurrying through the halls. I pulled Katie to me and together we walked to our first class where my beta, gamma, and their mates had our group table saved. My friends saw the mark and their eyes shown with pride that she was displaying it. Their mates however, saw it took, and took one look between me and her before smirking. "Damn Katie, you work fast." Rebecca said, and that had us all laughing.

     We went through the day, all of us smiling and laughing. "I love you Katie." I said randomly as we were walking to our last class. She looked shocked at first before relaxing and saying, "I love you too Cashton." And I brought her to me and gave her a kiss, only separating when the principal came and threatened us with detention. We just laughed and continued on our way, me grabbing her hand and not letting go.

----------------

*Hey peeps, what y'all think. Tell me by voting,  commenting, and sharing.*